Dopplers..... is it worth getting one? And which brand to go for?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by MamaK, Oct 28, 2008.

1. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before :dohh:...

So, all going well with my scan this evening I was thinking about buying a doppler, but:

1) Is it worth the money?
    2) Is it too stressful using it, for example if you cant find the heartbeat (and you freak out because of this)?
    3) Which brand is best, I have been told Hi BeBe or Sonotrax?!
    4) If buying it off eBay whats the 'normal' amount to pay?

Thanks again!!! :hug:

xxx

2. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

1) Is it worth the money? yes
    2) Is it too stressful using it, for example if you cant find the heartbeat (and you freak out because of this)? Nope didnt have a problem
    3) Which brand is best, I have been told Hi BeBe or Sonotrax?! I had hibebe with ethan although I have seen one that u can hear at 10 wks so thinkin on that one https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...9546&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching
    4) If buying it off eBay whats the 'normal' amount to pay? between 20~40 depending on which u go for

3. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

:hi: i loved my doppler, i had an angel sounds one and it was great, though next time round i'm going to spend more and get one like the doctor, i could listen to the heartbeat all day :cloud9: in answer to your qu's:
    1) Is it worth the money? - definately!
    2) Is it too stressful using it, for example if you cant find the heartbeat (and you freak out because of this)? this was the main thing my OH worried about, it was only worrying towards the end as maddi was back to back making it more difficult to hear, but you get better as you go along, but patient and just hold it in the same place, rather than moving it about :)
    3) Which brand is best, I have been told Hi BeBe or Sonotrax?! - haven't heard of either
    4) If buying it off eBay whats the 'normal' amount to pay? not sure either as brought ours off of amazon
    :hug:

4. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Hope that helps:)

5. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

1) Is it worth the money? Yes
    2) Is it too stressful using it, for example if you cant find the heartbeat (and you freak out because of this)? No because you know LO may move
    3) Which brand is best, I have been told Hi BeBe or Sonotrax?! I have hibebe which is great
    4) If buying it off eBay whats the 'normal' amount to pay? Not sure sorry

6. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

1) Is it worth the money = Hell yes :)

2) Is it too stressful using it, for example if you cant find the heartbeat (and you freak out because of this) = Not really you learn if baby is hiding just to relax and go back and try another time

3) Which brand is best, I have been told Hi BeBe or Sonotrax? = I have a sonotrax Cheap and i love it its amazing , Back light lcd screen the full works :).

4) If buying it off eBay whats the 'normal' amount to pay = I paid £50 inc delivery for my brand new sonotrax arrived in 8 days from hong kong :) , Was very impressed .

Good luck .xxxxx .

7. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

8. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

9. ClaireyF

ClaireyF Joshua & Bump to be!

woohoo, thank you asking this question!! i was going ask the same thing! x :hug:

10. Emsi76

Emsi76 3rd Tri - Team Pink!

Absolutely, they are a god send!!! Angel sounds are cheap and great!

11. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

I cannot thank you all enough for your advice!!!!!

Thank you VERY much for the links too :happydance:

UPDATE; Just bought the AngelSounds Doppler - YEY!!!! :cloud9:

I had ONE MORE question, haha.... (sorry).... but when you have the doppler, where exactly should you put it first, right about your pelvis, or between your pelvis and belly???

As you can see I didnt pay too much attention to where the midwife was putting the ultrasound equipment, only to the screen!

xxx