Dorset, Poole or Bournemouth

loopylass

Reaction score
Any mums or mums to be out there from these places?

I am expecting a baby girl in December xx

same! due in december and live near bournemouth :)

I had DS at Poole and they were absolutely fantastic there. As I had a very quick labour I was only in the delivery suite for 45 mins but it was great although apparently another 12 babies were born there on the same day so they were pretty busy. I was planning on a water birth as they pool rooms was lovely, really bright and airy but everything happened too quickly and I ended up with a bed delivery.

One reservation I had though was that only one room has an en-suite toilet there. After I delivered my son I had to walk across the corridor to the shower room. This wasn't too much of an issue for me but if I'd been in labour for hours on end I may have got annoyed at having to traipse to the toilets each time (or maybe I would have welcomed the change of scenery for a few mins?).

Anyway I'm definitely going to go back to Poole for our second baby in April.

Why don't you attend the 'Baby academy' class they hold there and get the guided tour before you make a decision?

A major drawback at Bournemouth is that it is run only by midwives so if you do decide you would like an epidural you'd have to go to Poole.

Good luck whichever you decide.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"