Double buggy or buggy board?

AC81

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi! I would love to hear from anyone with experience of a buggy board vs a double buggy. DS will be 22 months when I have the next one and I am stuck with which way I should go - ie a pram with a buggy board or get a double buggy?

Sooo confused about all of this! Have already put some money down on a pram with the intention of getting a buggy board, but the more I think about it, the more I am thinking I should go in and swap it!!

My toddler was 27 months old when my LO was born. I had a buggy board but found it hard work. Toddler wouldnt always stay on it & wanted to walk (I live near main roads so safety was an issue for me as he liked to wonder off). Refused to wear rains. To have a pram & run after a toddler was hard work.

So I got round this glitch by using a baby carrier & putting toddler in his buggy. It worked well in the early days but as baby got heavier it was a strain on my back, even though I had a lumbar support Baby Bjorn (second-hand from NCT sale for a fiver). Could only carry her for short periods. So it depends how far you walk etc.

So I think it depends on your toddler, how far he is capable of walking & does he wonder off/stop and look at everything as this makes your journey so much slower if you are pushed for time.

However I made do with a single pram & toddler in tow, but not walking long distances. It was a nightmare if I needed to go shopping on my own as I couldnt look at stuff & watch him at the same time, wondering off.

However its much easier now, he is 3 in July and he has a better understanding of road safety. He uses his scooter whenever we go out on foot, which makes journeys much quicker! If he gets tired on the way home, we jump on the bus.

Having said this, my friend's son stays on his buggy board (24 months when baby was born) with no trouble at all. He is lazy so getting off walking doesnt appeal to him!!!

If you go down the single pram route, make sure there is enough head room for toddler on buggy board & he has somewhere to hold onto, if it isnt a single handlebar pram.

Hope this is of help.

would love to see the answers you get for this as my little man will also be 22 months when this ones born... to be honest i really dont want a double as there so big and bulky and the ones that arent are so expensive, i dont think a buggy board will work for me as my little ones a little monster haha!

Think carefully before using a buggy board. For LO's that will stay on them they are great, but they can damage the frame of some buggies, and void any warranty because of that!

I couldnt decide so I got a 2nd hand buggy board for shorter journeys, a Jane powertwin for full days out/shopping etc as his lil legs get tired still & a moby wrap for dd when ds is on his trike or we're not going far. We also have a maclaren buggy for taking ds out on his own or when dd is in the wrap. Sorry, thats not much help is it ....lol.

22 months between my older 2 and i had a double and used it loads, we were out walking every day though - i also had 2 singles which we used in town if dh was with me, and we also found the 2 singles worked better on holidays - we had a buggyboard as well but dd wasnt really into it

The other thing to watch with a buggy board is that when a lot of prams are in carry cot mode the child struggles to stay on the board without having to lean back too much because of the carry cot. Its not a problem though when put into pushchair mode.

My daughter was 20months when our son came along and we bought a double as she didnt walk very far (and still doesnt now at 25months!) but we do a lot of walking.

My daughter was just 2 when my DS came along, we opted for a double buggy (Icandy pear) as DD doesn't walk very fast, tends to wonder off or runs off!!
However my Icandy pear turns into a single, so we get the best of both worlds, if DD wants to walk, we just use the pram as a single :thumbup:

DD is now 2.5 and we are only just looking into getting rid of the double buggy and getting a single and a buggy board...still umming and arring about it though, not too sure how it will go...DD still runs off, just not practical when you have to leave DS in buggy in the middle of the street and run after DD! :| Shes a little madam.

x

I was in the same mind, was just going to get a buggy board but after speaking to loads of people I have decided to go for a double. My LO is a good little walker but he does have a tendancy to want to go in the opposite direction, and also he does still have a nap during the day so at least with this I still have the option of him having a sleep in the buggy. I went for a phil and teds as their resale value seems quite good! I will use my original buggy (Quinny) if going locally or with another adult as my son can walk or they can take umbrella buggy if we need to!
Sorry, I have waffled (again!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->