Double Dye Method???

sydpac7

DS! <3 1 y/o :)
Reaction score
Okay, I was wondering if you ladies have ever done the double dye method with an HPT? I haven't really read much about it and wanted to see if my POASF's in the TWW wanted to help me out and see what you get !
I seen somewhere it said if you think you have been getting a VVFL then you would try this method:thumbup: BUT even if you're really early in the TWW you should try it just to help further the experiment because there is no answer anywhere saying if this method creates false positives or not!
Here's what you're supposed to do.
Get two IC HPTs and take the dye strip out of one then place it in the other and dip it like you would normally.
I am really looking forward to answers, and thoughts! Thank you:happydance::blush:

Never even heard of it!

There are loads of bizarre testing methods, some more out there than others. Like using blood with a hpt or salt, toothpaste ... haven't a clue if any are reliable but the double dye seems the most tame lol

I did that a couple times and got false positives (hcg was 0), so I’d be careful. The lines were strong and pink at times, even if it was confirmed the same day that my levels were 0. Just a warning!

How would you do that? Ive never heard of it before lol x

I read that you are supposed to take a dye strip out of one test and place it in another on that tests dye strip and dip it like normal!! Some have swore by this method! If you have VVFL it will make the line more bold! I will try it for you ladies if you want me too !! :thumbup: We need a woman who is like 1dpo to see if she gets a false pos!!!

I did that a couple times and got false positives (hcg was 0), so I&#8217;d be careful. The lines were strong and pink at times, even if it was confirmed the same day that my levels were 0. Just a warning!

Thank you! :) Did you use HPT dye strip or OPK dye strip????

Never even heard of it!

There are loads of bizarre testing methods, some more out there than others. Like using blood with a hpt or salt, toothpaste ... haven't a clue if any are reliable but the double dye seems the most tame lol

Right, or bleach and pine sol lol. Not gonna lie though I'm guilty of the strange testing experiments:blush:

Never even heard of it!

I never heard of it either until one day I was staring at my kit wondering if that would help me see the VVFL I didn't want to waste my cheapies so I googled first to make sure I wasn't crazy for thinking it lol :wacko: some women said it actually worked for them.

Never even heard of it!

Right, or bleach and pine sol lol. Not gonna lie though I'm guilty of the strange testing experiments:blush:

Lol! It's crazy I wonder how anyone discovered these?!? How did the thought even enter anyone's head? I can't make the link. It's like me deciding one day 'I know, I will try mixing my pee with my toilet water/floor cleaner/polish/poo and see what happens' it seems as random as that lol

Never even heard of it!

Lol! It's crazy I wonder how anyone discovered these?!? How did the thought even enter anyone's head? I can't make the link. It's like me deciding one day 'I know, I will try mixing my pee with my toilet water/floor cleaner/polish/poo and see what happens' it seems as random as that lol

That is so funny ! I have never thought about it like that LMAO. The TWW can make a woman go mad so it's understandable somewhat I guess ! :haha:

I agree! It does send you crazy, I always pee on a thousand sticks. Only the other day I had to delete more than 19,000 photos of pregnancy tests (mine obviously lol) to free up space on my iPad :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->