Doubling times over 50k

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey all. I usually only do serial betas in early days, but over the weekend the urgent care doc ordered me another one. I just don’t know how long it should take to double. I know it can take 4+ days but I’m at 6.25 to double. I saw that a rise of 35% is still ok but mine only rose about 28%. =\

3w4d: 47
3w6d: 101 (42 hours)
5w6d: 40,907 (38 hours avg from last draw)
6w1d: 52,270 (150 hours)

I had a scan last week at 5w2d. The sac measured 5w4 with a good sized yolk. No fetal pole. Doctors won’t scan me again, which is odd because usually they do, saying if I’m going to lose the baby then having a scan does nothing and ordered the beta instead. My guess is with covid they’re trying to keep people out of the clinic as much as possible. I’m miserable. I feel like crap. The migraines and nausea are destroying my soul. But that just seems like way too small of an increase. Thoughts?

Hey all. I usually only do serial betas in early days, but over the weekend the urgent care doc ordered me another one. I just don’t know how long it should take to double. I know it can take 4+ days but I’m at 6.25 to double. I saw that a rise of 35% is still ok but mine only rose about 28%. =\

3w4d: 47
3w6d: 101 (42 hours)
5w6d: 40,907 (38 hours avg from last draw)
6w1d: 52,270 (150 hours)

I had a scan last week at 5w2d. The sac measured 5w4 with a good sized yolk. No fetal pole. Doctors won’t scan me again, which is odd because usually they do, saying if I’m going to lose the baby then having a scan does nothing and ordered the beta instead. My guess is with covid they’re trying to keep people out of the clinic as much as possible. I’m miserable. I feel like crap. The migraines and nausea are destroying my soul. But that just seems like way too small of an increase. Thoughts?

My doctor told me yesterday that at this stage in hcg it is much less reliable and a scan is the better option for seeing how things are going. She said after 6 weeks doubling can easily be over 4 days and things be fine. Its so strange they dont want to do a scan, of course it wont do anything but it will be much more accurate and telling whats going on.

Yeah my obs at my clinic are being annoying. The urgent care doctor who ordered the betas told me to go in for a scan, so I have an appointment tomorrow. I’ll be 6w4d so I should be able to see a hb

eta I’m more concerned about a solution to this debilitating migraine

Last edited:
Good luck for your appointment. I hope your migraine goes away soon :hugs:

Ty Bev! I’m so scared there’s nothing they can do about it. I’m in so much pain all day every day :cry:

Everything looks good. She gave me a narcotic for the headache but I can’t take it and drive/go to work/idk how I feel about that. She saw the hb but had a hard time measuring the rate. I’m measuring 4 days behind. She measured several times.

Everything looks good. She gave me a narcotic for the headache but I can’t take it and drive/go to work/idk how I feel about that. She saw the hb but had a hard time measuring the rate. I’m measuring 4 days behind. She measured several times.

I hope you get some relief soon ❤️

Thanks ladies. I just can’t shake this feeling that something is wrong. It’s not anxiety. I’m just numb and I can’t connect to the pregnancy anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->