Doubts about my boys name....

Willo

Mum of 3 :D
Reaction score
So we found out that we are expecting another boy. I have had a girls name picked out since I was pregnant with ds1. We also had no problems agreeing on boys names for ds1 and 2.
However this time round, right from the start, it has been so much harder as any names I've liked dh has not. So then he mentioned Henry and I was like "yeah thats nice..." and now dh is set on it. We knew we wanted James for a middle name so since we found out on Friday that we ARE having a boy dh keeps calling him Henry James.
I don't dislike the name but am not in love with it either. I'm also worried that he might get picked on for it in school.
What do I do. My dh is sooo in love with Henry James. Do I just accept it, as I'm sure it could grow on me, or what?

Help....what do you guys think of the name?

The names I like are George, Harry or Alfie but dh is not pushed on those.

I cant see why it'd cause problems. Henry is a lovely name and James goes well with it.

I knew a Henry when I was a teenager and his name did come in for some stick sometimes. But then again we were in college and these lads would normally be drunk and mouthy anyway.
I do like the name and do think it goes really nicely with James too thats why I know I will grow to love it.
I think I'm just gonna sit with it and see how I feel in a month or two.
If I had a strong dislike I would have said straight away .
Thanks for the comments. They really help.

Henry is lovely! I love it and if we weren't both so set on Stanley for a boy Henry would be our next choice. it's such a classic but cute name.

I really can't see Henry being made fun of and I've known a couple. If you're not sure why not sit on it for a while but look at other names in the meantime? Couldn't hurt.

What about if you said Harry James very similar? I think you need to be happy with the name too x

I've taught a little boy called Henry and to be honest it's one of the more usual names I've seen of late so can't imagine he would get picked on for it just like you say friendly banter as he grows up. I also agree with pp that Harry could be used as a compromise or a nick name if you weren't too sure, I petsonally like it though

My nephew is Henry James and everyone loves his name, can't see why it would be an issue.

Henry Joseph or James Henry??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->