Doula's & Birth Partners....

Hi girlies, can i join?? im really hoping to do the course in october with nuturing birth. Also at some point when my youngest little man is a bit older i really want to go to Uni to do midwifery. Going to see what happens with that but i really do want to be a doula!!

its just finances to pay for the course that im pondering over. Im definately going to do it at some point. How much is it in instalments to pay does anyone know? Also im not sure if i would get many clients round here, but i still want to do it,

Jen xxx

:hi: Hi Jen :)

The course in October is at my house :D

I think they are happy to do installments as post dated cheques but you have to have paid up before the course starts obviously. Just ask Valerie - they are really accommodating.
Where in Yorks are you?

:hi: Hi Jen :)

The course in October is at my house :D

I think they are happy to do installments as post dated cheques but you have to have paid up before the course starts obviously. Just ask Valerie - they are really accommodating.
Where in Yorks are you?

ahhh i dont think i will be able to afford it hun :( as it will be quite big instalments if its only 4 months away :( i wish i had a bit of money put aside to do it but i just dont :cry:

fab that its at your house though hun!! im just outside halifax :D :D :D

Jen x

I'm in the process of tryin to scrape the money together, I've got just over half so I'm hoping that its not all booked up before I manage it!
I hate money being so tight sometimes

OMG, OMG, OMG!!
I am on call now for not one, but two births!! Kind of accidently too....!!

Rule No.1; never take on two women due around the same time!! (d'oh!!)

well, it's not quite as bad as it sounds. The first lady is a friend. She lives about 40mins from the hospital and is having her 4th baby. Her hubby will be with her, but he doesn't drive, so I'm on call as back up.

The 2nd though, is an actual real, proper home water birth!! I am so excited I could burst!! She's due on the 13th.
Wow - I am so nervous too. I feel like I'm anticipating this labour as much as she is!!

I'm doing both voluntarily, through out b.a.b.i.e.s group. I'm worried about George, but I've been expressing & Vici is going to have him for me, so I'm hoping he'll be fine.
I trust Vici completely xxxx

OMG how exciting!!!! :D You'll be great and George will be fine xxx

OMG how fabulous!! Good luck with them :hugs: I'm sure George will be just fine with Vici and you'll be great :)

Oooh, how exciting!

How's everyone doing? I've been so busy trying to sort out my return to work! I just can't find a childminder that I like :cry: while they're all nice, they all seem to do controlled crying for naps (I can understand that while looking after 2 or 3 children, dedicating time to try and settle one to sleep could be difficult if the child isn't going down well but I just can't bear the thought of it). And none of the nurseries nearby are very nice :nope:

Not long til the doula course now! :happydance:

Just popping by to see how everyone is doing!

As for me, have completed the post course assignment and just finished my book for the book review then I'm 'live'! Eeeek. I will be on the hunt for my 4 practice births from then!

Babyhaines - wow exciting news! Did you attend the births or are you still waiting lol. Love to hear how they went.

Nikki-Lou - money is a pain in the backside. Great you've got half the course costs sorted. Did you get the email from me with a copy of the pre course assessment on?

Elski - Yay to doing the course soon! Finding the right child care is a nightmare isn't it? Have to admit I didn't feel comfortable with any of my local ones who were available. I ended up being lucky as the mother in law helps instead. Going back to work sucks!

xxxx

Hello Freya,

Yes I did, I'm sure I mailed back to thank you...however my brain is frazzled so apologies if I didnt and thankyou very much for that.

How exciting that you're getting along with your course. Good Luck finding your 4 births :D :D :D

Hello girls,
I'm mum of lovely 5 mth old baby girl. I would love to be a doula. Could you recommend me a good training please :) I live in London.
Kisses to all of you :*

Well it's been a long time but I am back and I am a DOULA!!!

The training has been amazing. The connection Emma talked about between the women on the main part of the course, with their different experiences was incredible. I have had my post course assessment signed off and I am officially a trainee doula working towards full recognition! I have to attend 4 births and 4 postnatal clients and be assessed my my mentor - this could take a year yet but I'm in no rush. I have my website up and running and have started to get a few enquiries which is very exciting!

Have a look and see what you all think. www.Everyday-Miracle.co.uk

Freya are you on the NB forum yet? :D

Emma - did you attend the births you were on call for when you last posted? How's it all going?
Love to all!!!

Hello ladies I'm tentatively thinkg of looking for a Doula, I had a pretty traumatic baby removal last time and I'm gunning for a homebirth VBAC this time but I know I need support - hubby is squeamish and not good at support (he didnt come with me to theatre!).

Any hints where to start?

A couple of the bigger sites dont bring up anyone in my area, I'd be hsppy to think about a trainee as long as we hit it off!

Hey Chuck! You sound like a doula could be just the ticket! There are lots of doula's with VBAC/HBAC experience out there too.

The 2 best places to look for properly accredited doulas are:

Doula UK
and
The Doula Directory

On the second one pick the hospital/s or birth centre/s you would use if you werent at home and the doulas there will cover home birth in that area.

Trainees have exactly the same training and qualification and are on a rigourous assessment and mentoring programme. They are great if you are on a budget too! The most important thing when choosing a doula is that you 'click' :D

If you need to feel free to PM me and I can help you look for one too.

Thanks Mervs Mum, unfortunately neither of those sites come up with any results for my postcode. boo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->