Doula's & Birth Partners....

How many places are there? Its the closest one to me and you're still like 5-6hours away :hissy: Damn i should have been emailing her before you put your link up :(

What about hosting one Sarah?? Up to 8 places if they go to the max.

Yea i thought about it if i cant get one...else there is one in Glasgow (possibly) but i'm not sure i'd be so keen on going into Glasgow where i dont know IYKWIM

I was just thinking... are any of you worried we're going to spend a fortune on this course and then never get to attend the 4 births :shock: Doula's are SO uncommon around here... I was on the website and i think the closest ones to be were TWO in Edinburgh and thats it :shock:

If they are uncommon then you'll corner the market ;) There are quite a few close to me. They are probably uncommon because its 5/6 hours to the nearest training course! Doesnt mean noone is wanting them.

I just looked on the Doula UK site rather than the Nurturing Birth one and there are 19 in Scotland including training ones... so quite a lot i guess. I dont like any of them though :rofl: I was going to email one of the training ones to see if they wanted to come and do my birth to help them get some more births but i'm not so keen now.

Im really lucky that some of the MWs i've already spoken to are really keen to help me and because its quite a small community the HV and MWs all are going to help put my name out etc...but still the MW group i'm in only does FOUR HBs a year :wacko: so its so backwards here its unreal :dohh:

Gotta admit ladies, I'm really jealous! I would love to do my doula training. I used to be a nurse and did 9 months of the midwifery top-up training, so I've seen a lot of births and even delivered a few myself. Unfortunately I will be going back to work, at least part time and I can't imagine them being happy if I had to leave to go to a labour! I'd have to keep having babies myself to be on mat leave and work as a doula :rofl:

And this is a problem??:shrug::haha:
You better get baby making!! lol!!

Sorry girls, have just caught up - you lucky things all getting booked in at Lisa's!!
Sarah - did you manage to get in??

The 5th day was great & I just have my coursework to finish now (and my four postnatal clients).

I won't be doing birth doulaing yet. George is too young and needs his mummy too much at the moment, I couldn't up and leave for potentially a couple of days!! He'd wonder where the he'll his booby had gone!! Hahahaha!!

I attended the local Doula UK meeting last night with George. (Well, I say local - it was in the next county about 45mins away!!)

I met the most amazing former independent MW. She's really interested in the B.a.b.i.e.s group that I joint chair and would like to come along to our next meeting xxxx

Well at the moment i'm considering just hosting one too :nope:

My mum and husband sat me down and said i was being a bit insane...going by my DD i will have a 5 week old baby and a toddler...I would be driving 5-6 hours to get there. I do get that i'm being a bit crazy but i SO wanted to do it with all of you :cry:

You know what I think it would be a big ask really Sarah. :hugs:

I know :cry: I kinda know that but its so rubbish because i really wanted to go...now i have to have a whole bunch of people i've never spoken to here :nope:

:cry:

I know :cry: I kinda know that but its so rubbish because i really wanted to go...now i have to have a whole bunch of people i've never spoken to here :nope:

But they won't be people you don't know for long sweetie. You'll get to know some really deep, personal feelings from these people. It's nervewracking, but very exciting too xxxx

Awwww, shame it hasn;t worked out with doing the course at Lisa's :hugs: but just think, you'll be able to do the course from the comfort of your own home. You may end up really liking the people who come and end up being firm friends! Fingers crossed anyway!

Well girls, it's 1st day on the course tomorrow for me. Am a mixture of excited and nervous! Also already feeling guilty for leaving my little girl for three days. OH reckons it will do me good to do something 'for me'. Hope he's right.

Have been away for a few days, does anyone still need a heads up on the pre course assignment (Nurturing Birth)? Will PM Niki-lou too.

Hope you've all had a fab weekend x x x

How did the course go Freya??

I've just been to my local hospital and have been accepted onto the MSLC (Maternity Services Liason Committee)!! Yippee!!

xxxx

How did the course go Freya??

I've just been to my local hospital and have been accepted onto the MSLC (Maternity Services Liason Committee)!! Yippee!!

xxxx

Hey - MSLC! That's really fab. Well done you. :happydance: Change is a-foot! When does the committee next meet?

Last day of the doula course tomorrow. It's been awesome so far. Such a reat bunch of girls with lots of different experiences to share. Feel really privilaged. I'm going to be sad when it comes to an end!

xxxx

What a week! The course was even better than I expected. We had a brilliant trainer (Bushra). Will she be coming to yours Lisa? Have lots to digest, read and, of course, the end of course assignment! I'm not going to rush as want to take my time to absorb it all. Have to warn you girls though.... the course made me incredibly broody and found myself asking the OH to bring forward our ttc date lol! The other girls on the course who sadly had less than perfect births said it made them want to try again so they could achieve a positive birth experience that was denied 1st or 2nd time round!

Cant wait to hear how the rest of the girls find the course, really hope you enjoy it just as much!!!

xxxxx

Fantastic Freya!!
Did you find the atmosphere really emotionally charged?? It's hard to describe, but I felt so supported and able to open up IYKWIM??xx

Fantastic Freya!!
Did you find the atmosphere really emotionally charged?? It's hard to describe, but I felt so supported and able to open up IYKWIM??xx

Yep. Same completely. It was so nice to feel 'safe' and comfortable enough to open up. It was an intense three days and at the end we didn't want to go home and say goodbye IFYKWIM? Lots of hus and promises to meet up and keep in touch. No fear of 'competition' either, because it's like we suddenly understood that as Doulas we will all be supporting each other.

Listen to me, still rambling on, on a high. :haha:

:kiss:

Oh thats soooo fantastic!! It's great, isn't it.

For those all due to go on their courses - you've got so much to look forward to xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->