Down below problems

1stmummy21

Reaction score
Hi everyone need some advice/help!

7 months on from having my beautiful boy I
Still haven't had a period. I didn't breast feed and
I bled for about a month right after birth.
Here comes the 2nd problem! I noticed while pregnant
My discharge became strong smelling and also got a lot more of it.
This didn't worry me as I just put it down to being pregnant.
But again 7 months on and it's still the same, I've been to the doctors about it they took a swap and it came back all fine!
It's starting to embarrass me because the smell is coming through my clothes and also I have noticed it can smell a bit like urine..
The smell is strong and not very nice sometimes fishy.. :/ I really don't know what to do about..

It sounds like a bacterial infection. I would return to the doctor and tell them everything you just posted. It should be an easy fix, just antibiotics. It's completely normal during pregnancy and after birth, but if left untreated the bacteria just multiplies.

I agree- you need to call the doc again. There is something going on- maybe the first time they checked it just didnt' show up? But it could be bacteral vaginosis too- which would need a strong antiobotic. I had that for months and never knew it- kept getting mis-diagnosed as a UTI... but finally caught by my OB. Could just be a yeast infection too- but def have it checked again and be pushy!

As for lack of period- I too bleed for weeks after LO (I think 7wks total?)- then put on mini-pill, then low estrogen pill and no periods since. If your not on a pill though- you should ask about that as well :) Might just be your body is taking it's sweet time building up enough lining to even have a period?

Thank you both very much. I've been embarrassed to say anything to anyone in person but I will keep pushing at the doctors. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->