Down from the 25th to 9th centile?

lady3

Reaction score
I got Marlie weighed today and she is down to 9th percentile now. She has always been 25th or around there. HV didn't seem concerned as she's still gaining, but she's gained less than a pound since I last weighed her 4 weeks ago..Should I be concerned?

You guys are so lucky my cheap ass DR dosent do the whole percentile thing :(

how much did she weigh at birth what she weigh now???

Tell your cheap ass doctor to stop being a tightwad. He can get them on the internet, just google. :)

She weighed 6 lbs 15.5 and now she's 11 lbs 6

i would say as long as she is gaining and feeding dont be to worried. if she wasnt gaining then it would be different hun :hugs: x

Very few babies will perfectly follow the percentile lines every time they're weighed. As long as they're gaining weight, HV's don't usually worry as long as they're not consistently dropping down the chart. Lots of things can make a reasonably big difference to their weight when they're still quite small - just having had a feed or a very heavy nappy, even a different set of scales can make a difference of a few ounces (just having them weighed at a different time of day can change their weight).

You'll probably find that next time you have her weighed in a couple of weeks she'll have gained a normal amount again so until then - as long as she's feeding ok and you're having lots of wet and dirty nappies - I wouldn't worry x

She is a skinny little thing. I want her to get some rolls for me to squeeze. Maybe I should cut her off of the jumperoo. She's probably burning off all of her calories! :rofl: I'll stop worrying now. I'm sure she'll be fine the next time. Thanks ladies!

i've written a thread about my skinny minny today too! can you remember how much your lo weighed at 8 weeks hun for comparison? do you breast feed?

She wasn't weighed at 8 weeks, but at 7 she was 9lb 14oz and at 9 weeks, 10lb 4oz

She's mostly bf, just a ff once or twice a day.

Your baby sounds to be in perfect condition.Dont be fixated on graphs and percentages.As long as she is happy and gaining some it is all good.Not all babies are fatsies.

She wasn't weighed at 8 weeks, but at 7 she was 9lb 14oz and at 9 weeks, 10lb 4oz

She's mostly bf, just a ff once or twice a day.

do you mind me asking you what made you do a mix of feeding, ff and bf?

is your lo ok with mixing between the two...i have a skinny minny on my hands at the mo...!

I never wanted Marlowe to be solely bf. I preferred mixing so that me and the dad could share the experience. Also, if I had had a drink, or wasn't around, I wouldn't need to worry about breastmilk being ready for her. As I became more mobile, it was just easier to throw a bottle of water in my bag and when she was ready for a feed then I could add the formula on the go. Especially good for when she was struggling to latch on, which happened for the first month or so.

Marlie's a picky eater though, and she prefers the Cow & Gate formula to all others. She also likes it slightly warm, but I wish she would take it room temp as that would make it so much easier. Saying all of that, she will only take formula when she's really hungry. :)

I wouldnt worry too much, Skye was on the 91st and is now down to around the 50th...they told me not to worry, she never seems to gain much weight...never more than 4oz a week. As long as she is happy, doing the wet nappies, progressing well, I really wouldnt worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->