Dr Conrad Murray trials

bumpy_j

Reaction score
I still have yet to form an opinion on this personally whether he'll be convicted or not - what are your views? and if it did turn out Michael had administered the lethal dose himself as he claims would Murray still be liable for manslaughter in your eyes for bringing the sedative into the house in the first place?

I follow it sometimes. I have to say though from the onset, I LOOOOOVEEE Michael Jackson, so perhaps my views will be tainted, but from what I understand, he gave MJ a drug that should only have been administered at a hospital, under strict medical supervision. Thats gross medical negligence.

The death could have been prevented if medical staff and equipment had been on hand, to me whether or not MJ took the drug himself or not is immaterial. Conrad knew what he was going to do with it.

Having said that, even though I am so saddened by MJs death, and can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for his family, I feel sorry for the doctor because, the way the world works, even if by some miracle he is acquitted, his medical career is as good as over.

His personal life will suck because he will forever be known as the guy that killed MJ. It must suck for him, and I wish he didn't have to go through this. The world loves to crucify villains and this man is one such villain.

I do belive he is guilty as hell but I reckon he might get off leniently, although I do think their justice system may not be as lenient as the UK's. I've only been reading it on and off in the papers but I think there is so much to the story that nobody will ever 100% know the truth. MJ was unpredictable at the best of times, so I don't think we'll ever really know xx

I agree with both of you, I do feel sorry for him and a little part of me wants him to be acquitted (i'm not really an MJ fan so I don't have any personal feelings towards this case as such) just because I don't believe he is in any way a menace to society, he has children who must have had their lives ruined by this but at the same time I realize that Michaels family need justice and many fans round the world need closure. There certainly would be a huge outcry if he got acquitted. It's all just very sad.

I hope he's not found guilty. People need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and not blaming others for all of their mistakes. MJ paid this doctor (or was supposed to pay him) to bring him drugs... The doctor didn't force his way into MJ's house and hook up the IVs against his will.
I've had that anesthetic before (for an actual surgery) and know exactly why someone would seek out a doctor to administer it at home.

I've never been a Michael Jackson fan so my opinion is not based on an angry fan. But I do think that his doctor has a lot to do with his death. Even if they find that Michael administered the drug himself that doesn't matter in my opinion because the drug was given as a suggestion for him to use from his doctor which is typically an opinion that you trust. And also the amount that he was suggested/given was WAY over the normal limit that is administered. So yes I do think the doctor is very guilty and honeslt wish that he was going for something more than just manslaughter.

Im not sure myself I did like Michael Jackson but I think whether or not he gave himmself the drug the dovtor is still at fault personally I dont know why youd give your patient anaesthetic like that anyway and if he really had to then he shouldve taken to a private clinic where he wouldve been supervised properly

It would seem i'm in the minority. I think if MJ asked for something stronger and was prescribed it, then overdosed on it, then no one is to blame but MJ. The selfish sod left his kids behind. No excuse.

Take him down!.....

...angry fan here ;) :rofl:

The point of whether MJ asked or not is totally irrelevant. Conrad is a doctor and as a doctor has access to prescription drugs and if MJ didn't need them, he is no more than a drug dealer so he should be prosecuted either way. he abused his position as a doctor for monetory gain so too right he should go to jail. I feel sorry for his kids but :shrug:

The point of whether MJ asked or not is totally irrelevant. Conrad is a doctor and as a doctor has access to prescription drugs and if MJ didn't need them, he is no more than a drug dealer so he should be prosecuted either way. he abused his position as a doctor for monetory gain so too right he should go to jail. I feel sorry for his kids but :shrug:

Exactly this. Say it happened in a hospital, and a doctor just said ahh but he asked for it and gave it himself, would that be okay? Over dosing on a drug that he was suppose to have is completely different to this, this was a drug that should never of been supplied.

Well not really because the doctor would still get done for negligence at the fact that the patient overdosed while in his care

I think he is innocent, MJ was such a lost soul he was so abused by his father and he constantly needed something to stop the pain he felt ALL the time . I think he took to much made a bad mixture of something and that is what killed him, I do think the doctor should be accountable for something but not murder.
MJ has been a lost soul for awhile and has been on drugs for having a sleeping disorder, I know we will never really know what happened, but I don't believe for one minute this doctor killed him or gave him something, this doctor was going to be making 2 million a year by being MJ's doctor I really don't think he would jeopardize the money and his reputation, JMO :flower: I did and still do love MJ but all his money and fame could not make him whole, he was so very lost and for many years, I just think his body was done, he was so very thin towards the end, i couldn't believe how thin he was and I remember saying how the hell is he going on tour like that? Very sad..

I think he is innocent to, who knows what else MJ had taken and what he had told his doctor he had taken, of course the family and fans want to blame someone they dont want MJ's death to be classed as his own fault do they?.... so much easier to be able to blame someone else for it. Whatever the situtation like someone else said we will never know the whole truth but i dont believe the doctor intended to kill him neither do i think he thought giving him what ever he did give him would kill him either, not only was he MJ's doctor but a friend and i guess if he didnt give MJ what he wanted MJ would of got it else where, he was a very rich and powerful person after all.

But the toxoicology report would say what else was in his blood stream, that and the post mortem would point to what killed him. :shrug:

what do you think he is innocent of though? Murder? I don't think he intentionally meant to kill him but he still did, maybe indirectly, but he still did it. They know what and the amount of drugs murray had access to so i guess they can pretty easily match them up? I mean who orders 15L of propofol?! Thats just ridiculous to give a patient that amount when they didnt even need it. Medical negligence at best!

what do you think he is innocent of though? Murder? I don't think he intentionally meant to kill him but he still did, maybe indirectly, but he still did it. They know what and the amount of drugs murray had access to so i guess they can pretty easily match them up? I mean who orders 15L of propofol?! Thats just ridiculous to give a patient that amount when they didnt even need it. Medical negligence at best!

I agree with you .. I also think MJ might have been stocking up on the meds and taking them more often than he should have, his family can deny it forever but he was addicted and I firmly believe this. I agree this doctor needs to be accountable but not for murder. :flower:

I dont think the doctor is accountable for murder. Neither do i think he tried to kill him or thought that doing what he did would kill him but it did so he needs to be punished for negligence yes but not any type of murder.

I think the charge of involuntary manslaughter is right. If someone crashed their car into another and killed the other driver because they were driving dangerously, they'd be charged with this same. i dont think this is any different. He was practising medicine dangerously.

That sounds like something I would agree to too. Involuntary manslaughter is right. I think he may get convicted of murder just cause of who MJ was (I hope not) but this is such a high profile case . I think this defense needs to show just how dependent MJ was on pills . I don't know how this will turn out but I really don't believe he should be convicted of murder. I guess we will see :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->