DR. Refused to do IUI....

Meadowsmommy

Reaction score
My Dr. refused to do my IUI due to the fact he said I had too many follicles. 5 in total 3 of which were mature for sure. They advised my husband and I to not have Intercourse sue to having multiples. We did not listen! Now I took a test and it was +. Now I am worried that there are too many babies in there due to my first child being stillborn I am scared! My uterus feels like I have a brick in there. I would only be considered 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I am afraid to tell my Dr. or go see him now since I didnt listen. I dont know what to do?

It is best to go ahead and make an appointment. If everyone actually listened to the doctors, I suspect they wouldn't have much of a job. :lol:

There is time to worry about how you will deal with multiple babies at the same time later. For now, it is best to start getting the best prenatal care you can.

Don't worry, just say you didnt' understand the doctor as you were feeling so emotional and hormonal. I think an early ultrasound scan would be a very good idea, maybe it's twins! It's pretty unlikely that all the eggs would have been healthy enough to get fertilised. It's just that fertility doctors these days are under a lot of pressure not to give women multiple births, pressure from the regulating authority rather than their patients.

You are both so right. I called my fertility dr and went today and got all the bloodwork needed I am waiting for the results. I am so scared. My uterus feels crampy and I am so fatigued right now so I hope that is a good sign. Thanks:thumbup:

congratulations! I'm sure you are not the 1st person who did not adhere to the Dr. request. The cramping is just your uterus preparing to carry that baby(ies) and the fatigue is normal as well.

My Hcg beta was 126 which they said was low for 4 wks so I am defanetly not out of the woods. My progesterone was 46.6 and my estrodial was 245. Go back on Monday to hopefully see my hcg rise signifigantly.

I am doing good so far. i am now 6 weeks and one day. I go for my second Ultrasound on Jan 4th. I am very scared but hopeful......

Just wanted to say goodluck and wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy with baby/ies to hold in 9months. YaY! Please keep us posted!

I would have ignored the doctors too. Good luck to you and I hope you bring back some good news on the 4th Jan - get the New Year off to a great start. :hugs:

I hope everything went well at your appointment. Please keep us posted.

:cloud9:I am now 8 weeks. Saw babies heart beat and everything looks good so far. I am so scared. Everything also looked good my first pregnancy and it wasnt so please pray!!!!!

:cloud9:I am now 8 weeks. Saw babies heart beat and everything looks good so far. I am so scared. Everything also looked good my first pregnancy and it wasnt so please pray!!!!!

So is this one baby or several babies? How many do you have in there?! Congrats and MANY prayers:hugs:

There is only one. Its surprising for having 5 mature follie but I am happy for one. :thumbup:

There is only one. Its surprising for having 5 mature follie but I am happy for one. :thumbup:

It's safer with one and will save you the anxiety as I see you have had a loss too.:hugs: I think this one will be just fine. Praying for God to continue to give you an uneventful pregnancy filled with joy and fun with a beautiful baby to hold in 9 months.:kiss::hugs::cloud9:

Thanks I have never prayed so much in my life! I can use any prayers I can get. Its in Gods hands now..............Yes I also had a loss. My daughter was stillborn at 2o weeks.

Thanks I have never prayed so much in my life! I can use any prayers I can get. Its in Gods hands now..............Yes I also had a loss. My daughter was stillborn at 2o weeks.

I understand, I gave birth to our son at 22wks after an accident where I lost my mucus plug. The Dr.'s ignored me and he came shortly after. Not something that often happens. He was our little miracle after 8 years. We have children playing in the garden with Jesus whom we'll one day meet.

There's someone in our thread who also lost her baby like I did at 22wks. She's in her last trimester. She said she didn't feel "safe" until after the milestone. She says it's normal to feel this way and I'd imagine I'd be the same way.

Try to find joy in this new pregnancy. I will continue to pray for you daily and will cheer with you when you reach the milestone.:happydance::hugs:

Keeping good thoughts for you Meadowsmommy. And Congrats on the little one. Just take it one day at a time. We are here for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->