Dr wants to redo urine test 'just in case'

sheebee

Reaction score
I'm 9+2 now and had my booking app yesterday. I've just had a call from the Drs surgery saying they want me to drop in a new urine sample next week. The receptionist said 'just incase' - not that that means anything!

I had my hands full with Ds when on the phone so just said no problem then hung up.

I'm now wondering why? Any thoughts what it could mean at this stage? I will ask when I go in bit in the the meantime I'm just wondering!

Thanks

I've had to do extra urine samples before at various stages. At around your stage I had a urine infection - so that was one reason. At one point they actually messed up the sample or lost it, and at one point it became "contaminated" - whatever that means. I wouldn't worry. I'm sure it will be fine. If it is an infection, you'll get given some antibiotics which will clear it up. :hugs:

I hat to do another one Hun as sometimes they just have to be sure with mine it come up with blood cells in it which mean a infection but second one was find so they said it might have sat in the bottle for to long x

It means nothing don't worry my dopey Drs phoned me said oh the dr has looked at your sample if your still having symptoms you can come in otherwise he couldn't find anything I said erm it was a routine sample the midwife did for my booking in appointment it was written on it !!
Don't worry it's nothing bad just take it in keep them happy we have to do lots of this lol

Emma

I have to provide a urine sample during every appt. They check for infection, protein, and they can make sure you're staying well hydrated.

I had to do two as well with my previous pregnancy, this time I went straight to the MW so skipped that bit :haha:

I would love it if my Dr's had asked for a sample, even my midwife didn't. I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and no one has confirmed it other than my mass of hpts. Iv had my booking apt, no bloods or urine. First time it's going to be confirmed by someone other than me is at my scan in over a months time when I'm nearly 13 weeks

Same thing happened here, they called after my 8 week appt an asked me to drop in another. Shamefully not got round to it yet (!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->