Drained :(

heather91

Preggers with 2nd
Reaction score
I feel bad for complaining, but Tiffany screams all night every night :cry: I never get more than 3 hours sleep and I just can't function. Is there anything I can do? I just feel generally shit and like I can't look after her properly :cry: x

:hug: Not sure what to suggest... Jasmine did go through a really cranky period around 2-3 months... but she still was ok at night.

Do you think it might be colic?
Have you tried something like Infacol?xx

I don't know tbh because she will settle when I hold her, but obviously I cant hold her all night. I did try it the other day and it just made her really really sick after her feeds. I dont know if she's just going through a clingy patch or what. x

firstly poor poor you :hugs: no wonder you exhausted honey, i would suggest trying again with the infacol, it takes few days to start working, and it must be used with every feed. i don't no what else to suggest other than perhaps having a chat with your hv and maybe a family member who could come over and take care of her whilst you have a good nap x

Yeah I think I will try it again. It just really scared me when I used it last time 'cause she got so badly sick. It was coming out of her nose and everything :(

If she settles when you hold her have you tried swaddling?? XxxX

Im not much help jacob still gets up 5-7x a night and he is coming up to 5 months, ive been funtioning off 5 hours broken sleep a night!

firstly poor poor you :hugs: no wonder you exhausted honey, i would suggest trying again with the infacol, it takes few days to start working, and it must be used with every feed. i don't no what else to suggest other than perhaps having a chat with your hv and maybe a family member who could come over and take care of her whilst you have a good nap x
I agree.Its exhausting having a baby who wont stop crying--I think we've all had some experience of that on here :hug: Definitely see if someone can take her while you have a bit of a nap.
Also,do give the infacol another go.Like princess_bump said,it takes a few days so dont give up yet!
Have you tried lying her face down across your knee and patting her on the back?That worked wonders to get my little miss to stop crying when she was a bit colicky xx

My mom suggested to try her on her belly too but that doesn't seem to work, nor swaddling as she's (almost) a thumb sucker. Although, I think Im willing to try everything again now! I'll try all these things tonight and see if it makesa difference. I think she's nocturnal because she's sleeping sound as anything at the moment! Typical lol x

:hugs: poor you. Ellie did this in when she was about 2-3 weeks old it was abit of wind but even when i did get it up she used to scream the house down. Swaddling helped loads i was abit naughty though i co slept with her until she was about 10 weeks because everytime i tried putting her in her moses basket she'd wake up and she wouldnt go any longer that about 30mins at go. I hope things improve quickly for you x

Jay was like this for the first few weeks :( (but he did get better :D) Have you tried putting the cot / moses basket at an angle? Jay slept much better that way. Also Jay has always hated having his arms swaddled as he likes to suck his fingers / fist :lol: but it seemed to calm him if I swaddled him from below his arms.

Also, I know everyone says it but try to sleep when the baby sleeps. For the first few weeks I'd rarely get more than 3 or 4 hours broken sleep through the night, but it really helped to have a few naps through the day.

Hope Tiffany sleeps better soon!!

xx

Aww, it's hard hun I know. Hope she starts to settle for you soon. x

If she doesnt like the infacol then you could try colocynth- its very small white granules and its homeopathic and specifically for babies with colic

It worked wonders for Rebecca and it was the HV that recommended it, think we got it from a local chemist

I think the first two weeks are the worst, Brooke was like that!!.

Hopefully it'll settle down in a few days hun

Hang in there. She's still only getting used to the world, I'm sure it will pass. Sending you hugs though xxx

How much food is she taking and how often? I have to make sure Izzy takes food every 4hrs and shes now sleeping through the night

My LO was like that for about 10weeks! Swaddling really really helps though - if she likes to suck her fingers/thumb then you can leave both or one arm free. Not sure what I would have done without swaddling - probably gone crazy!! He's still swaddled at night now and he's 13 weeks old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->