• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Drama over expressed milk that's bottled-feed?

bbforme

Reaction score
I was perusing the boards and I landed on one of those threads BF vs. FF (oh the drama lives on!)

Anyways...I going through the thread and one post was anti expressed milk that's given in a bottle. Is this a hot topic nowadays? I've never heard of this being a "bad" thing? Are there cons to this method? I thought the entire purpose of BF'ing was delivering the benefits of breastmilk to the baby, not the manner of delivery.

Enlighten me in case I've missed something. I have been outta the pregnancy loop for the last 8-years! I am curious since this is how I feed my daughter 8-years ago.

:shrug:

This is an interesting topic as I want to do the same thing. I want to be able to switch back and forth so dad and grandparents can feed the baby.

I pumped for my baby. Shortly after weaning him an article came out saying some of the nutrience from the breast milk is lost when the air gets in. the article recommended using the smallest bottles possible when feeding. Regardless, I still think it retains most of it's nutrience so I still feel it was worth it. :flower:

You've peeked my interest now.... I will see if I can find that thread u mentioned! :haha:

Curious about this too...I'm already planning on needing to express as baby's father and I don't live together anymore (sad), he wants to be able to feed baby, and I really want to avoid formula unless we just CAN'T get around it...so breastfed+expressed in bottle is the plan (assuming he's not stubborn about wanting formula for the sake of convenience)...what could conceivably be at issue?

It seems we're all clueless about this issue, so maybe it's NOT an issue after all.

Maybe the thread/post I was refering to was just worded in such a way that it read like there was a debate. It just doesn't make sense that pumping BM to bottle feed baby would cause controversey. Heh, but I dunno. There are baby topics out there that ruffle all sorts of feathers, that I find totally benign.

Thanks, ladies!

I think I will just use small bottles, which most people do anyway.

if you want advice about bf or expressing see the breastfeeding section ladies, lots of us have given expressed milk , i think if theres any debate it should be about why ebm is given not how, as it is better for mum and baby and supply to ebf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->