Dream Vacation or Baby first?

sounds like a great plan to go on an amazing trip as a way to kick of trying :)

We started our TTC journey when we were in Mexico for a month, it takes a lot of the pressure off because you are much more in the mood to do the deed when you are on vacation and not exhausted from work!

Do both :) We travel a lot to Mexico. It's cheap and a super short flight for us. We don't plan on stopping after we have kids. We know that we probably won't be able to go as often, but we will definitely need time away to focus on our marriage. And a lot of people may disagree with me, but I believe your marriage comes first. I understand that having kids changes things, but I definitely don't think it should change your travel plans. We plan on taking many trips and time for just us quite often after we have kids :)

I'm with Zoe2010. Travel before, travel with and travel after kids if your finances allow!

My DH and I are passionate about travelling and we had a couple of big blow out holidays before we started TTC (Mediterranean cruise, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon). We then travelled a bit more locally while I was pregnant (Northern Ireland, Greece, Albania, Lanzarote). Then once the kids were here we carried on travelling - DS1 had his first holiday at 6m to Hungary then again at 7m to Fuerteventura - and we've travelled as much as our finances allow since. We have also in January this year, left the kids with my MIL for a weekend so we could celebrate out 30ths in Iceland. Its been the one and only time we've gone away without them but my MIL was happy to have them and it was nice to have some time just for ourselves. It was lovely but I did feel guilty leaving them behind and I don't think we'll do it again any time soon.

Travelling with kids is very different to travelling without, but its not a bad thing! Kids (especially babies) are very portable and the family memories we've got from our trips are amazing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->