Dreaming... or not......

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Hebe makes a few little noises when she sleeps - not unusual for any baby I imagine.

Last night about an hour after she'd gone to sleep she started making noises like she was either distressed or struggling to breath :( We were going to bed so we watched and listened for a while. She kept doing this kind of sharp intake of breath thru her nose and head head would twitch but she was cleary fast asleep. At one point I said to OH 'do you think she's having some kind of seizure?' He is very rational and not a panicer and to my suprise he said 'I dont know, but I think you should try to wake her' :(
We got her up and she didnt come round properly but the noises and weird breathing settled then when I put her back it slowly ramped back up again.
It must have settled because the next thing it was 6.30am and she was waking up.

It remined me of when my dogs dream :)shy:) but the breathing was much more erratic.

Do you think it was a bad dream - it went on for an hour or so and my understanding of dreams is that they are short and towards the end of your sleep :shrug: or do you think I need to mention it to someone??

x

i think id mention it to doc or sum1 or jus cal a midwife/health visitor and ask....no harm in asking....least it wil put ur mind at rest hun xx

I'm not 100% I'm on the same track but Caitlyn does what I'm imagining you're on about when she has wind. She does it less often now. Took her down A&E once because of it!

She's really good at winding and normally I can tell when its wind. When we got her out I tried winding her too so I'm pretty sure it wasnt wind....:(

Hi sometimes my LO does this in his sleep and sometimes he wakes us up crying out in his sleep and we kind of decided that he was dreaming!! If u are worried mention it to your HV. xx

I would mention it to your HV because of the length of it, as you said I was under the impression that dreams didn't last that long. And it never hurts to have it checked :)

Thanks girls. I'm going to ask just for peace of mind. I wouldnt be worried but even my usually very cool (almost to the point of being dismissive at times :trouble:) hubby was actually a bit worried too.

Yeah,wouldn't hurt to ask someone...
Probably nothing,Lola can breathe in soo deep sometimes,I jump out of bed in panick and run to her moses basket - she just looks at me all sleepy eyed,blinks and goes back to sleep :dohh:

Tegan does this, and sometimes she SCREAMS in her sleep. When we first got her home, she would cry every night. As she has gotten older, it has eased. I would mention it to docs though if you are worried x

faith is a pain 4 this sorta thig lol. she sort of sobs in her sleep. she actally talks in her sleep too (she is 20 months) one night she went "janet, janet nuh-nite" (janet is my aunt) then another time she went "nanont, nanont, there it is!" (nanont is how she says ninky nonk from in the night garden) lol shes said other stuff but i cant remember what. shes always doing it and it makes me smile (apart from the weird sobbing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->