dressmaking

marley2580

Reaction score
Anyone else into dressmaking? I've just got into it and have, so far made 2 kids dresses, a kids circle skirt and a circle skirt for me. I'm currently working on a dress for the summer.

Me although I'm very unorthodox in how I cut out garments and piece them together, I can't get my head around patterns so if it's something simple, I copy it from an existing garment, works well in most cases. I also put zips in first when they should be last, etc. So far though I am rubbish at making structured tops and any type of trousers so I suppose I will have to resort to patterns for those xx

I want to figure out how to design clothes using existing clothes, I've got some shirts and skirts that I'd love to recreate. Patterns are easy once you get your head around them, I've got a great book called - How to Use, Adapt and Design Sewing Patterns: From Shop-bought Patterns to Drafting Your Own: A Complete Guide to Fashion Sewing with Confidence

It's really helped me make sense of patterns

I'm about to attempt some summer dresses for me. I've bought some patterns and fabric as I'm not good at just doing it myself. I'm also attempting shorts and rompers for the boys!
They have lots of dress patterns on eBay.

I have over 10 years experience of using/working with patterns but its just I am a very 'direct' person when it comes to art/crafty stuff and even cooking, and I find patterns are a whole extra stage I'd rather avoid. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->