Dribble rash??? UPDATE pg1

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by charliebear, Apr 7, 2009.

1. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

Hi all,
    Aidan has very bad dribble rash under his chin and on his neck.:cry: Been using vasaline.
    Previously I have been using talc in his creases (after bath) but tonight, I dried and I smothered him in vasaline, no talc.

Is there anything else i can do?? I always make sure he's dry (no wet clothes/bib on), just seems to be getting worse.

Any advice??

UPDATE - Not only has Aidan got dribble rash he's also got sweat rash on his neck and body!! :hissy: Its never ending!!

Thanks for all the advice. x

2. sam#3

sam#3 Lactivist & Intactivist

I would try some bepanthen cream, its really good for healing the skin and putting up a barrier to stop any further soreness happening xx

3. Lauz_1601

Lauz_1601 Well-Known Member

I dont have any advice Im afraid but ill be watching this thread as Kaitlin has a horrible rash on her face at the moment aswell, she is also dribblnig alot from teething. She gets excema badly all over her body and has various different creams none of which are making any difference to the rash on her face...iv tried sudocreme which dried it out...were now on vaseline...x x x

4. xx Jaymee xx

xx Jaymee xx proud mummy

Hey,
    This happened to us as well, we tried loads inc wiping after each feed, cleaning morning and night with sterile water, different over the counter creams but nothing seemed to help, in the end she needed some antibiotic cream which cleared it up in 2days.
    xx

5. LuluBee

LuluBee Mummy to Alex

we used sudo cream on Alex and it cleared the rash. My doctor told me if it got worse she could prescribe some antibacterial cream.

6. keelykat

keelykat Guest

Elliot's got dribble rash too (and being sick doesn't help either)... i just keep swapping the bibs, trying to keep his chin dry.... etc.

*sighs*

keely.