Dried Soya Mince

Kellz

Pregnant Again
Reaction score
A work colleague of DF bought 4 big bags of dried soya mince, tried it and decided he didn't like it. So he asked DF if he would like it, DF said sure we'll try it. :dohh:
Why would you buy that much if you didn't know if you liked something?
What does it taste like?
How do I prepare it?
What can I make with it?

What brand is it?

With most dried soya you have to add a little water to 'fluff' it up. There's one certain brand that you soak for a short while before using. With that one, after it's soaked, I brown it in a little oil for a while before adding pasta sauce or chilli sauce. You could use stock instead of plain water and add some soy sauce and/or marmite for flavour.

With other brands it's as simple as chucking in a pot with some water and the sauce you want to use.

With it you can make... spag bol, cottage/shepherds pie, chilli, anything that you'd normally use mince for really :)

Thanks =) I'll try that. It's tesco wholefoods brand.

I usually put veg stock on it for flavour and then add boiling water. Then use it like mince

I tried this last night and sorry girls but it was yuk.
I used a beef stock cube in the boiling water, poured over the soya mince and let it sit for 5 minutes as per the pack.
"browned" it in a little oil with an onion and some herbs then added a can of tomatoes some frozen mixed veggies and when piping hot added to cooked, drained pasta, topped with some cheese and hey presto yuk LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->