Drinking during 2ww?

Shelley71

Reaction score
I'm refraining, but one would sure be nice. I'm afraid to do ANYTHING that could be construed as bad for me. I just wondered what the general consensus was?

Generally I try to refrain from doing anything I wouldn't do if I was actually pregnant - so no drinking for me. Means I can have a big glass of wine if AF shows up as some sort of consolation!

I try to refrain but sometimes I find the whole stress of not taking any medication, not drinking, eating the right things, not booking holidays just in case, not booking a wedding just in case (no money anyway lol!) just gets too much. I get fed up of putting my life on hold just waiting so sometimes I do have a drink in the 2WW. I know so many people who haven't known they are pregnant and have continued to drink but still have healthy babies. I've also read people debating whether or not it is a big issue until after 10 weeks when the placenta takes over. Obviously the moment I got a BFP I would stop but until then I try not to stress out about it too much.

hi ladies , i refrained for nearly 3 years , didnt do me no good when i decided enough was enough i was putting my life on hold and nothing happens , then march last year i said f. it im having a beer , in april i was preg , tho lo didnt let me in that 2ww i could not touch it lol

that's the thing susan, you can only so much waiting around. I had a chemical in oct, 2 days before AF was due and day 2 of a 14 day caribbean cruise and I couldn't stomach alcohol for love nor money, I just felt sick every time I looked at it. Had to tell the in laws as they kept trying to ply me with drink lol

Well, that helps. I was kind of in the same mind frame since my body is not really contributing to a baby at this point. I honestly, do NOT expect to be PG this first time, but at the same time I wanted some input from others. I doubt I will partake much, if any, just because I'm so freaked about doing something bad, BUT, if I feel crazy stressed, I might have just one. :)

Thanks ladies! You're always helpful!

i dunno about this as i drunk when i first got pregnant ten years ago at a nice young 25 i was ok as i stopped at 5 weeks when i found out. Now thou i dunno older and all that. I drunk as we went away for a week in Sept and my boyf just started to try with me to have a baby and i got pregnant within 2 weeks and i stopped minute i got bfp at 30 days. I lost that baby due to sch (which i read was due to implantation when it rips a little of lining and bleeds and clots) i bled at week threatened mc at 6.7.9 weeks and 17 then i lost it at 19. I feel guilty over everything to do with drinking when it woulda been implanting:(

so iam now on second cycle since mc. At start i drink then i get a bfn and i drink lol. this month however i really want a xmas baby so iam having a drink this weekend which will only be cd 4-6 and then thats it until i get a bfp (maybe a wee sneakie wine) i am going to try hard.

In the holland and barrett shop the ladies were reading journals to help me and omg sooo much infertility surrounds alchol and smoking:(

Hi Ladies!
I'm new to this site, and TTC. Just had a natural m/c in Feb and impatient to get BFP. Started first AF post m/c yesterday and the timing is so terrible! I have a trip that was already planned to the British Virgin Islands and it falls right during the time I could be POS. So either, I'll be trying not to freak out and worrying about having a rum punch on vacation, or I'll be trying not to freak out because I'll get AF and know that I'm BFN.
At the same time, I got BFP in December, and I was not taking care of myself. I know that drinking lowers fertility in a huge way, but I don't think that having a glass of wine every now and then is going to make that huge of a difference. I'm with Susan36 and truly-blessed ~ it's not worth being totally crazy over. We are supposed to enjoy our lives and this process, right?
sam

I'm fairly liberal on the subject. I seldom have a drink in the first place, but if I wanted a half a glass of wine on a special occasion, I would. I really don't think it is a matter of having the occasional taste, but rather the daily binge that hurts.

Honestly, it is up to you, but I truly believe that partaking of a little adult time and activity will not hurt a pregnancy.

Well for unplanned pregnancies there's obviously drinking going on in the 2ww mostly without consequence :)

One thing I read is that alcohol can "confuse" the embryo when its trying to implant, so I am thinking it is best to abstain.

That said, once in a while I'll have a small sip of DH's beer as a pg test. Waiting to find the thought of it repulses me :) A few days ago (in 2ww right now) I did and I was like this tastes so good, having massive craving. I did not give in, and probably chalk the craving up to deprivation.

The times when AF arrives though I'm like ah no not you again, and console myself with a drink :)

I definitely consoled myself with strawberry margaritas tonight after AF showed today. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->