drinking during TWW?? OK or no?

Cornfieldland

Reaction score
Hello, just wondering what you lady's do when it comes to TTC and having a couple drinks? I thought maybe it was OK if it's before 4wks, but I read conflicting info. Hard to never drink when your trying and don't know if you are pregnant. Guess I could save the drinks for my period week only :) What do you all do?

I generally will have one drink a week even during TWW. I'm not a huge drinker, but I do enjoy cider and wine on occasion and in small amounts it's generally fine even when pregnant.

I would just drink moderately, not get wasted.

I am not a doctor. I have read always that drinking pre conception mostly just affects likelihood of conception if anything. In the last year, studies are even saying you can drink small amounts while pregnant. I have alcoholism in my aunts and uncles, and as a teacher have seen fetal alcohol syndrome so I make the personal choice to not drink after CD 13 until AF comes.

I am not a doctor. I have read always that drinking pre conception mostly just affects likelihood of conception if anything. In the last year, studies are even saying you can drink small amounts while pregnant. I have alcoholism in my aunts and uncles, and as a teacher have seen fetal alcohol syndrome so I make the personal choice to not drink after CD 13 until AF comes.
Looks like our cycle days ate the same, :) I'm on day 5 ..day 20 of cycle. Thanks for the advice!

Another lady on a different thread said it's ok to have a drink until 5dpo.
I had a glass of wine on 1 dpo but now I know I'm in the tww I'll wait until af arrives until I have another one. I don't drink much anyway.

Im not a drinker but when We were trying to get pregnant with my first daughter we had a engagement party to go to the weekend i was ovulating. We had been trying for a while so thought na i wont be pregnant. Got a bit tipsy/drunk and then 2weeks later found out i was pregnant, felt soooo guilty for drinking while i was just pregnant. Thankfully my girl is perfect. But i guess it just depends if its worth the risk. Apart from that one time i would only have a drink on my period week

I drank throughout my entire pregnancy and when TTC (no more than 1 in a day) and my boy is the smartest in his daycare.
But do what you feel hun.
Your body is your body
X

That was meant to say her RE said 5dpo. I guess because implantation hasn't happened yet by then.

Honestly, I was black out drunk 5 days before my bfp last pregnancy. New year's eve plus bff in town, and my gyn said I had nothing to worry about. So seconding the 5dpo/ risk reward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->