Drinking less

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
I dont know what's going on with Noah....

He useto drink 3-4oz-sometimes 6 oz right before bed, every 2-3 hours during the day. The last three days, he seems to have no intrest in eating. He will cry to be feed, but once you do feed him, he will only drink 1-2 1/2 oz. So Ive been trying to feed him during the day more. I wouldnt be to bothered by all of this, but tonight is when I became worried. Usualy at night he will eat most of his bottle because he goes so long in between. He feel asleep at 6:30pm awoke at 12am, and he only ate 2 oz, then at 3:30am only 1 oz! so 3 oz in 9 hours! :cry: He's been sleeping pretty well. I think he's up so early because he fell asleep super early. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it teething? I don't feel teeth, but he has started to have alittle drool. I'm so worried:(

:hugs:

I don't know what to suggest, but does he seem content? As long as he's sleeping well and not screaming because he's hungry I wouldn't worry too much at the moment as long as he is eating something, but if it continues for a few days it might be worth calling your doctor just to ask about it. Could be because of teething pain if he's dribbling more - they start feeling it before you can see any sign of teeth. He's also probably becoming more aware of what's going on around him and becoming distracted more easily.

If you're really worried that he's not getting enough I'd call someone just to see what they suggest x

It could be that hes teething, sometimes babies lose interest in their milk. On bad days kyle can take 3 bottles that whole day, maybe 4oz each and sleep through the night.

It's now been 12 hours and he's had 4oz. Ive booked an appt online to see his doc at 8:30am today. Id rather be written off as a worry wart, then take a chance. He's def not being himself. Very fussy. Wont let me take his temp in his ear. So I dunno . my step-son became sick last week and has been at my Mom's for a week, so maybe somehow he is ill. I'll update when I return. Just hopeing he isnt anemic again, really dont want to stay at the hospital overnight for a transfusion

Hope everything's ok. Definitely a good idea to take him to the doctors even if everything's fine x

:( hope hes ok hun, could be teeth, or could be some sort of infection but if you think hes tired more and drinking less he could be anaemic :( hope hes not....do keep in touch :hugs:

The doctor thinks he has an ear infection in his right ear, which might be why he isnt eating well. He gave him 10 days worth of antiboitics. Cross yor fingers it works. He also has a rash, the doc said it could be fro the infection. thanks everyone x

Hope the antibiotics work for him and he's back to his normal self soon. Let us know how he's doing x x

I think he is starting to feel better. He's eaten 9oz in an hour and half, total of 24 oz for the day*been keeping track. He's in bed for the night , hopeing we have a better night, because Mommy need's some sleep

Hope he's getting better and you've had a chance to get some sleep x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->