Drinking while in TWW?

SP1306

Reaction score
Opinions please.......

I was due AF 30/04, so 2 days late. Done a test yesterday and got :bfn: and went out last night and had a few alcoholic drinks, as was thinking well AF is on her way so that rules me out. But AF hasn't shown today and now I am worried that it could turn out to be a :bfp: and I may have made the wrong choice!!!!

I was thinkiing that some people get preg and don't actually know about it for ages and carry on drinking etc until they know. I don't smoke and don't drink regulary, just once and while. As soon as i get :bfp: I will not be touching alcohol!

Any advice???

Thanks ladies

xxxxx

dont think it matters hun look at these girls who have one night stands and get preggo xx xx

Lot's of women drink, smoke and eat things they shouldn't before they know they're pregnant, I'm sure everything will be fine :hugs:

I'm sure it will be fine, the other ladies are right! People have done much worse and gone on to have healthy pregnancies.. Personally though, I don't drink until AF shows. I used to though, its only these past couple of months I decided something's gotta give!

I think drinking in the 2WW is fine hun. :hugs:

i dont do it myself but i dont see anythng wrong with it like these ladies said lots of people do even wehen they dont know there pregnant and some still when they do know and alot do go on to have healthy babies xx

it's fine, all mine were happy surprises, and I had had a few drinks in each of my early pregnancy, and mine are all very healthy, no problems at all. The baby gets hardly anything in those first two weeks, they get it all from the yolk sac xx

I've only been drinking around up to 5 units a week since we've been trying again - for both fertility and in case of conception - I am more careful during TWW - and definitely once AF is due and doesn't turn up.

I think that as long as you aren't out caning it every night then having a few drinks isn't a problem at all.

My sister recently told me a story about a girl that works at her dental office. The girl didn't know she was pregnant and was drinking heavily, also smoking pot. Once her AF was late she took a test, and found out a week later that in fact she was pregnant. She started freaking out because she knew all the things she had done in the last few weeks, and make an appointment with her MD immediately. She told him everything, that she smoked weed, and drank and that she was afraid that it was going to affect the baby. The doctor told her that it wouldn't because the babies was only a few weeks old and with-in the first month, not that it didn't matter what she did but that there was no significant evidence that it changed anything. He actually told her that smoking pot for the first month would do her good because it would increase her appetite because she was about 100lb.

So if her doctor told her pot was ok lol, I think your fine with a few drinks.

xoxo

Thanks for all your replies ladies!!!

I'm still waiting for AF to show, or get a BFP!!!!

Good luck to all
xxxxx

One of my friends got completely drunk the night before she found out she was pregnant and -bottom line - her little girl is PERFECT. Her doctor told her not to worry because the baby gets virtually nothing from the mom during the first month. My friend carried her baby to term and her little girl is completely normal. She's even surpassing her developmental milestones.

I'm not saying you should drink (and in fact there is evidence that it negatively affects fertility) but you won't harm your baby with a few cocktails or glasses of wine during the TWW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->