Drinks?

ani

Reaction score
We've been weaning our little guy for around 3 weeks now and I'm also still breastfeeding through the day (also with every meal). Now I'm wondering if the milk is enough for his liquids, or should I also give him some water after the meals? How much?

Breastmilk is fine at first but as he starts taking more solids he will need more liquids. So it's a good idea to start introducing him to water from a sippy cup. It doesn't matter if he doesn't take much at first, it just gets him used to drinking water from a cup for when he needs to.

At 6 months you can give juice regularly. And you can give water now. Personally I would start trying to give a bit more water because some solids can constipate them a bit and water will help.

I give jacob water from a sippy cup and about once a day he gets a bit of juice from another sippy cup :) XxxX

I was wondering about this too as I've just started weaning Jay :D I'm going to start giving him water from a sippy cup, but do you use mineral water or cool boiled water?? and how much do you give??

Cheers :D

xx

we fill a sippy cup with water in the mornings and offer it to Hannah after every meal. She also gets juice throughout the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->