Drinks

acherontia87

Mum to a boy and WTT
Reaction score
My LO is on 3 meals a day but wont drink anything else apart from his normal formula milk. I offer him water/juice in a sippy cup but he just spits it back out... Don't really know what to do.
He refuses water in a bottle too...

Any one else been in this situation or have advice?
Thanks

i wouldnt worry too much about it. my older 2 didnt want to have anything else appart from their formula/breastmilk

emily wont touch water or juice
out of anything i've even tried water
bottles nothing she hates it so i just
dont bother tbh ....

as long as lo hydrated i wouldn't worry
maybe he'll enjoy it more when he's older?

xx​

I would just keep offering it with his meals, maybe one day he'll surprise you and start taking it :) Hannah played with her sippy cup for at least a month (probably 2) before she started taking very small sips of water out of it

Yup, don't worry about it but keep trying him with the sippy cup. Ideally you want him to be using the sippy for all drinks by a year so you've got another 6 month to get him used to it.

It was persistence for us too. We've been using an open beaker and it took about a week before she'd take anything and then she spit it out for about a week or so. It's only recently that she looks at the beaker and opens her mouth to let us know she wants some - and it all stays in her mouth now! Just keep at it, you'll get there :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->