Driving an automatic - Advice please

I have a Passat CC 2.0TDCI Auto....its lovely to drive. Not boring...it has "sport" mode on the gears & "sport" mode for the suspension (stiffens it up for cornering). It's defo got some go in it when you it to but great for "cruising" driving. I also have a manual Ignis Sport which is great fun to drive but I much prefer driving the Auto.

I have driven both but only owned automatics. I don't think auto's are boring........they are less trouble IMO and I've heard better on gas mileage, ect. Really comes down to personal preference.

I've got a Vauxhall Astra 1.8 in auto and let me tell you it's far from boring. I have a sports button too so I normally can shock a lot of teenagers at the traffic lights when they think they have a chance to get in front of me :haha:

I too would suggest tip tronic or paddle shift before settling on an auto. There will always be a teeny delay with acceleration on an auto and if you don't want to sacrifice the driving experience. All I will say is if a tip or paddle gear box goes they are not too cheap to replace, but then so are autos.
Oh just suggested to me( bit of a car buff). If you want an auto get a large engine and high torque, like a two or three litre deisal. Failing that he said an old merc, good space and big engine.

I drove a tiptronic..

If you still want to change gear without a clutch try a semi automatic.

We have always had Vauxhalls so it will 100% be another... the 2.2 Direct Vectra is the front runner at the moment :D xx

We have always had Vauxhalls so it will 100% be another... the 2.2 Direct Vectra is the front runner at the moment :D xx

You are limiting your choices a bit though, unless you have another reason why you want a vauxhall, other than because you have always had them, I would consider being a bit more open

Yeah i agree, id be happy to look at anything really. But my OH is really funny about cars and loves Vauxhalls, its one thing he wont generally budge on! I might try and find some other nice cars and show him as its me that uses the car the most, he has a work van!!

Just found some really nice BMW's and he seemed interested!! ... Maybe i can sway him from a Vauxhall, but it could take some doing! I'm not against a Vauxhall at all but its always good to see what else is about :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->