driving me mad!

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
Brendan is turning into a little terror lol in the nicest possible way of course, he yells and screams for no reason and he just a while ago tried to bite me because i said stop it when he was yelling! he is a right pain he used to be so happy all the time but now he is always throwing tantrums and i just know it will get worse he aint even 2 yet lol! what would you say is the best way to deal with it, i dont want to smack him, and speaking to him obviously wont help he dont understand! i try holding his hands when he goes to smack me and talkin calm but that dont help he screams in my face lol! the only thing that seems to make any difference is if i yell stop it but i dont want to forever yell at him sometimes i just leave him to get on with it but the neighbours must think im torturing him or something the way he goes off! im guessing its just one of them things i have to just put up with till he gets out of it when he is like 3 LOL

It's a tough age to try and figure out what will work in terms of discipline and what they will understand.

This is when you want to call Super Nanny in! LOL

At that stage they get quite frustrated easily as they don't know how to communicate their feelings etc. into words.

First of all, yelling at him will increase his stress level. Yes, I know, it's difficult not to but try and quietly talk to him.

If that doesn't work, try putting him into another room, door open, and tell him that until he stops screaming he will have to stay in that room. If he persists on leaving that room, bring him right back in and be firm. Try to ignore the tantrum because if you give in, he will continue to have a tantrum each and every time he wants attention or wants something he is not allowed to have.

thank you i will definatly try this, i know what you mean about yelling it really doesnt help and i always feel awful anyway i hate to yell and i hate to see him like this it must be horrible for him poor little guy, thanks again for the help it really is appreciated

just try and ignore him hun, i knwo its hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->