Driving test tips

No tips, sorry, but I've got mine in a few weeks, so I'm following! Good luck! xxx

Practice the driving test route again and again (know it by heart) eat well on the day, deep breaths and stay calm!

Good luck lovely!

Just stay calm no matter what, I took mine 4 times, the first 3 I screwed something up and panicked and everything went wrong after that- whereas the last I curbed it on my manoeuvre- thought "eh well- guess I'll be rebooking this" and just finished the test without panicking- I passed because the rest of my driving was faultless. So stay calm!

Really overemphasise looking in the mirror, like crane your neck and everything to make it really obvious that you're watching everything around you.

Relax.

You don't have to be a perfect driver so if you make mistakes don't panic.

My mum advised me to eat a Mars bar before mine, so I did and passed! Haha, but seriously just relax and believe in yourself, you'll be fine!

Stay calm. Keep telling yourself you can do it, all those people driving around everyday can do it then so can you. Don't let the man/woman intimidate you, all they're doing is checking you can drive safely, not perfectly, so don't panic if you do happen to make the odd mistake.

agree with loui1001, make your observations really obvious!

and when doing your manoeuvre roll your window down a little bit so that you can hear any traffic or people approaching - makes it SO much easier!

I talked myself through mine - everything I was doing, I said just in case he didn't happen to be looking. I also talked a lot to the examiner about, well, rubbish, and he didn't notice that I was speeding (by accident) - oops!

Thanks ladies :) the test is first thing on Wednesday-I'm SO nervous!!! Had a two hour lesson yesterday and it wasn't my best lesson by any means!! :dohh: annoyed with myself as really wanted to have a good lesson and feel confident for the test!!!!

I had a practise test the day before and majorly failed cause i paniked
I just stayed clam on my actual test and it was fine

Keep going.

I was convinced i had failed my test on about 6 different things but i passed with 4 minors. Some things you think are the worst mistake ever just arnt so stay positive and keep going.

Keep going.

I was convinced i had failed my test on about 6 different things but i passed with 4 minors. Some things you think are the worst mistake ever just arnt so stay positive and keep going.

I missed a turning on my test and bumped the kerb on my parallel park....I actually said out loud "oops was that the kerb" :haha: still passed.

Good luck!! :).
I asked the same question on here when I was taking my test and I remember someone advised wearing dangly earings so that the examiner's attention is drawn to them moving when you're doing all your observations- I thought that was a really good tip :).
I had an awful practice test on my last lesson before my test, my instructors first words to me once I'd finished were "Eleanor, I just want to cry" :dohh: :haha:. But I passed me test :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->