Driving theory test?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Ive got mine booked for thursday :wacko:

Any tips on books to look at?

most supermarkets will sell the cd so you can practice on the laptop.

I didn't even book mine until I had that and was doing well on that lol

Definitely recommend a cd for your computer - puts you in the environment and also has the hazard perception thingy.

You def need the CD-rom for the perception bit. Just don't fall asleep during it - I nearly did :haha:

If you do the hazard perception video stuff still? (8 years since I did mine..) if u can't see anything to start with there's always about to be a cyclist or a ball followed by a kid rolling out in the road, click that button quick! Theory is mostly common sense :)

yeh its all common sense but get a disk to practice hazard perception x

I past mine first time 5 years ago now, i used to study the driving theory test cd on the computer is is just like the real thing. So really prepares you.

A copy of the highway code is probably more important that a disc to learn how to pass the test, but that's just my opinion.

The hazard perception is really quite straight forward. Just don't click too early or click more than once for each hazard.

the reason people recommend the disk is because it gives you exact idea of how the test is and you can time it etc and make sure you familiarise yourself with the layout of the actual test. Also practice on hazard is vital!

Disc is no good if you haven't a clue about the rules of the road :rofl:

obviously but you also wont pass if you have no experience with the questions :) IT can tell you what subjects you need to shape up on and the disk comes with book! :)

Well, obviously.

But I still think a copy of the highway code is a must have for anyone who uses the road.

There are so many people (like my sis for example) who have used a theory disc, just guessed the questions, and then repeated until they got a decent score without actually 'knowing' the answer.

I still have a copy of the highway code. Sometimes it's handy to have.

I have never owned a copy of the high way code. I learnt it on the disc I got as it had the rules etc on it.

I have never owned a copy of the high way code. I learnt it on the disc I got as it had the rules etc on it.

Aslong as it has the entire highway code on it then you're sorted :D

Would you believe that some people don't know what way round the roundabout they're supposed to go? :rofl: (I kid you not, my Dad has had students that actually don't know that or even what side of the road they're supposed to ride on :shock: )

Aslong as it has the entire highway code on it then you're sorted :D

Would you believe that some people don't know what way round the roundabout they're supposed to go? :rofl: (I kid you not, my Dad has had students that actually don't know that or even what side of the road they're supposed to ride on :shock: )

Don't get me started on roundabouts... I am I missing something but why does everyone in Wokingham try and give way to the left not right and then get the hump when you give way to the right? Maybe its an unwritten rule. :shrug:

PMSL! I think Wokingham has it's own set of rules. I remember when I lived there and getting to Yately in the morning was a nightmare with how people drove. Different breed of folk, I think.

I used to get confused on roundabouts lol I knew which was to go but the lanes confused me a bit!

I studied the highway code, over and over. Then I used a theory book to get use to the type of questions and I also practised the hazard perception on a disk, on the AA's website and also googled them because otherwise you end up doing the same ones which is pointless really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->