Dropped LO :(

detterose

Reaction score
So 6am this morning was probably the worst moment in the whole time I have been a mother so far. LO has reflux, I had just finished giving him a bottle and he had started coughing. I usually can guess when he is going to spew, so I got up quickly from the couch to move over to the kitchen tiles so he wouldn't spew over the rug and couch. As I was stepping over to the tiles, I think LO spewed in the same spot that I was about to step in. I slid and fell with LO and dropped him. :cry:

I have never felt so guilty and sick to my stomach in my whole life. I can't believe it. Thankfully, he didn't fall very far, he fell out of my arms as I dropped to the floor and hit my elbow. I don't think I will ever forget this day, I feel sooooo terrible. He is OK but I am keeping a close eye on him.

Still can't believe it happened... :nope:

My lo slipped out of my arms once while she was wriggling and landed hard on her bum. She was facing away from me and I think it scared her more than anything but i've never heard her cry like it. I felt hideous, but she was fine, and she wont remember and i'm definitely more careful now.

anyway just wanted to say you're not the only one. I'm sure he is fine :hugs:

We all have accidents! Don't beat yourself up about it, just keep a close eye on him x

Oh :hugs: it's a horrible feeling when things like that happen. When DD was four months in the space of two days the buggy tipped over with her in it then some heavy books fell off a bookshelf onto her. It was horrendous even though she was totally fine both times. I had nightmares about it for weeks and got quite down about it. The thing is we're with them all the time and as hard as we try, things like that will happen!!! I'm sure he's totally fine and you're worrying yourself so much more than you need to! Please don't stress we've all been there. As long as he isn't hurt then everything will be fine- they're tougher than they look!!

Yeah I think his cry was more from shock then anything, but I'll never forget it! Ugh.. I guess it's one of those things that just happen no matter how careful we are with them.

Thanks ladies xx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: So sorry this happened to you! My LO fell off the bed last week :cry: our bed isn't very high so not very far but she still cried and it broke my heart! Never again! NOT your fault hun....hope you and you little man are OK xx

Accidents happen all the time :( Back in May, I was carrying my baby girl out when the dog barreled against my legs knocking them out from under me causing me to fall and my daughter to go over my shoulder onto the ground :cry:

My son had already picked her up by the time I was sitting up. It knocked the breath out of her and scared us all. My son tied the dog up, I ran in the house with DD and called DH who apparently drove like a bat out of hell to get to the house. I'm not sure the car's wheels touched the ground and because I had called ahead (we live out in the country), the police had the intersections blocked for us and a cop pulled infront of us lights flashing to clear the way.

Long story short, after a CT scan revealed a skull fracture, a helicopter ride to the children's hospital 2 hours away, an overnight stay for monitoring, my DD is just fine now. They said because she's so young, it'd heal really quickly. She had a helluva knot on her head for a while there though :cry: and the guilt. :cry: :cry: I was bruised myself from being bowled over by the dog but I felt worse knowing I had not been able to keep hold of my baby girl.

The guilt I don't think will ever go away. I mean, it could've been worse, I could've landed on her.

I wanted to kill our dog as well but I know it was just because she was a big young pup. A couple of weeks after this happened, we witnessed her in an excited mood run head-on into the side of our lawnmower. :haha: I'm talking BAM! almost knocking her senseless. So I know it was truly an overexcited big pup happy to see me (we've had her since she was 3 weeks old, mother refused to nurse her so I took care of her). I'm "Mama" to her and she gets super excited. :wacko: Thankfully training and time has toned her down and she's much, much better now.

This happened when my daughter was 15 weeks old. She's now 8months and is a healthy baby girl. Everyone assured me at the hospital I'd suffer (guilt, knowledge that I didn't prevent it from happening :cry: ) alot longer than she ever will.

They told me at the hospital to watch for any fluids draining from her nose or ears, if she starts crying and I just cannot get her to calm down, vomiting, or if she seemed unresponsive. They didn't say anything about making sure to keep her awake or anything. They did keep a monitor on her all night for her heartrate and breathing. Occasionally checked to make sure eyes were dilating properly.

I hope your lil one is ok and I hope you're able to forgive yourself. Time passing helps but I still remember May 8, 2013 at 5:35 in the evening til the day I die. Don't let the what-ifs and if-only's drive you crazy. :flower:

I have two horrible stories from when my oldest son was a baby. The first incident was when he was a matter of a few weeks old. I was carrying him and tripped over the dog and was going down on my face/stomach. The trip was so forcefully he actually flew out of my arms and when I was going down I stuck my arms out like a craddle, smacked hard on my stomach but managed to "catch" the majority of him like a football. I cried the whole way to the Drs. When we got there the Dr was more worried about me and the fact that I had just had a c section which was the absolute last thing on my mind. My son was perfect though, thank goodness.

Then, poor little fella was walking, and I mean skillfully. I was holding his little tiny hand and we were walking down the stairs together. To this day I still don't know how it happened but somehow his little hand got away from mine and he literally tumbled down the stairs, head over heels somersaults. He was fine, but I still remember the horrific guilt I felt.

It happens MaMa. Its horrible. But it was an accident. My son is now 13, a mouthy teenager, and he is a-ok from not one but two episodes! I still do things I need to apologize for on occassion. Nobody is perfect. Be kind to yourself. :hugs:

Oh gosh ladies. That would have been so terrible to experience. So glad your LOs are ok though! Its very true, we continue to beat ourselves up over it even long after its happened and they are fine.

Lucky they have a short memory :haha: And I suppose as they grow up and learn to walk, the bumps and knocks are going to happen, whether we are there or not. It's just one of those hard things to accept about parenting I guess :(

It happens..

When LO was only a few months old, she rolled off the couch.. TWICE. Once while I had her, then the next day while at my moms.

a few weeks before Abby turned one she pulled open a door that wasn't latched all the way and fell down the stairs onto our hard basement floor..

Now a days she rarely goes a whole day without getting hurt somehow.

Accidents happen. Don't beat yourself up sweetheart. :hugs:

It's so horrible, but accidents do happen, and as others have said, it's going to affect you much more than it will affect her.

About 2 weeks ago, my husband was playing with our 4 month old on the sofa while I was in the kitchen, I suddenly heard a thud and my heart sank, I just had a feeling it was her. Sure enough he's taken his eyes off her for a second and she rolled off. She cried a bit (I think from shock) but seemed fine, took her to hospital anyway to get her checked, and luckily she was completely fine.

I cried for the whole day, and she cried for a few minutes. It definitely upsets us more than it does them.

When DS was 2 his pushchair tipped over at a fireworks display... To this day he still says "Can you remember when you pushed me out of my pram and it landed on my face?" Umm, not how I remember it, Kid!

If it helps i fell down the stairs with my Lo, outta bed taking her downstairs for the day and the stair bent forward ( it was broke ) i fell backwards and she landed on my tummy and off we went!

Accidents happen! tick it off as the thing you learned not to do that day lol

Awww sounds like we have all experienced our fair share of accidents with LO then :(

Hunter smacked his head against the TV cabinet this morning and scored himself a huge egg on his head -sigh- It all starts now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->