Drs appointment (grrrrrr)

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
grrr

i went to my drs appt today and i walked in and he said how can i help you terrie (let me point out that im very good friends with his daughter inlaw and son who have 2 kids 18months apart) so i smile and say im pregnant... and this LOOK came across his face like OMG/disgusted kind of face. then the convo went like this:

Dr: 'so you're happy then?'
Me: 'yes, we were trying for another'
(his eyebrow raises)
Me: 'it feels like just yesterday i was in here telling you i was pregnant with rhys'
Dr: 'and rhys didnt put you off having another!?'
Me: 'erm... no!'
Dr: 'they'll only be 18 months apart you know, it will be very hard work, are you sure you can cope?'
Me: 'yeah'
Dr: '*sigh* i'll just get the paperwork for you to fill out for the midwife then...'

i mean what the fuck was that all about!?

Cheeky sod! :shock:

Of course you can cope!

Terrie this is such a happy time for you and hubby, please try not to let him get you down. I wouldn't even waste my time wondering WTF, I would brush it off as him being a rude so and so.

My first born and second born are 18mths apart and yes, I was busy and tired. Having a newborn to get up to through the night and then a toddler to run around after during the day, plus normal household chores was hard work, but I LOVED it, I wouldn't change a thing. I then had my 3rd when my second was 2yrs old ( miscarried in between). So I had 3 boys under 4yrs. I am so thankful I had them close together, all that running around and lack of sleep was worth it. My boys are so close and play so well together, it is wonderful.

You will be wonderful and you will enjoy having them so close together.
Really what do people think, of course we know it is hard work, but the love and enjoyment is priceless.

Don't let anyone question your ability as a person and as a mother. I am sure you will be wonderful ( and tired, lol)

:hugs: Bek

Sound like your Dr might need more people skills....
Such an exciting time for you...COOL

Terrie this is such a happy time for you and hubby, please try not to let him get you down. I wouldn't even waste my time wondering WTF, I would brush it off as him being a rude so and so.

it did put a downer on my mood but oh well. i know i can cope!!!

fookin cheeky knob whats he tryin to say about me then mine are like 50wks apart!!!

Of course you can cope ... the prat!!

Your a wonderful mother and no one can tell you otherwise!!

Do you think he was concerned cause of your PND but phrased it wrong?? (men do that alot, i swear its a skill there born with!)

xxx

:hugs: Maybe he didnt mean anything by and and was talking to you like he would his daughter.....but none the less.....What a butt head.....

Hmm.. thats to bad he had to be rude about it. Maybe kids were to much to handle for him.

Eeek. He sounds like a rude one. Sock him in the sack. JK. but seriously, I would feel offended.

you see he knows me really well and maybe he was just concerned about pnd etc... we'll see.. they might offer me support this time!

Thats too bad that like. I can't beleive it.

Just ignor him huni, He has no right to speak to you like that.

S xx

I think because he knows you well he wasn't speaking as you Doc but more a friend
I think he was Prob concerened with PND

What an ass. Do your best to ignore him. It is none of his business, and has no impact on his life. I don't care if your children are 18 months apart or or 5 years, having children is hard period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->