Dry cupcakes?

Samantha_

TTC...
Reaction score
i hav recently started baking and so far all ive done is cupcakes but they always seem to be a bit dry. Everyone says they're not but I think they are just being polite. :haha:

Why are they dry? I thought I might have over-cooked them but it says on my recipe to cook them for 18-20mins and I do this so I dunno wat im doing wrong :shrug:

any help wud be appreciated :flower:

It could all depend on what recipe you are using and maybe just tweaking it until you are happy, adding a dash of milk or cooking on a lower heat but for a bit longer x

What kind of liquid does the batter call for? You could try using buttermilk instead of regular milk/water to add a boost of moistness. (To make your own buttermilk stir 1 Tbsp of lemon juice into 1 cup of milk and let it sit and thicken/curdle for 8-10 mins. This also works with most soymilks - if you don't want to use 'real' dairy.)

Also - if the recipe calls for butter - you can try using vegetable oil (canola/rapeseed - anything but olive oil) cup for cup. That will make the recipe more moist too.

:)

Try this recipe, it is amazing and the sponge is sooo moist and light. I thoughtit was a bit strange cus it had cream in it but went a long with it anyway and so glad I did, they r brilliant.

https://www.all-about-cupcakes.com/vanilla-cupcake-recipe.html

Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"