Dry hands and feet since having baby

newmumgg

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if anyone has also had this problem and any tips/advice for me. Since having my baby I have suffered with really dry hands and feet. I've never had this before but now it's quite bad. I'm not sure what's causing it....could it be hormonal? Maybe baby wipes that I'm using (pampers sensitive)? Any other ideas? And any remedies??

Thank you :)

Im the same, glad im not alone. My knuckles are the worse area though. I am using e45 cream which helps

Have you had your thyroid levels checked at all? Some women end up becoming hypothyroid after they give birth, and dry skin is one of the symptoms. I've had hypo for a few years now and my skin is always dry, it's insane!

My hands are now so dry that they're cracking & bleeding. I moisturize loads but it doesn't help

I've gotten eczema on my hands so bad I need a cream to make them feel better by the dr

My hands are soooo dry. I have had my thyroid checked but no problems. I use olive oil at night and mousteriser in the day, and sometimes at night I rub in a bit of my lanisoh nipple cream, but it feels pretty weird.

Good to know I'm not the only one! Hmmm will check out the thyroid possibility, thanks for the suggestion.

My hands are terrible. I put it down to loads of hand washing and milton lol

Me too! I just put it down to having less time to moisturise though.:haha:

I'm the same!!

I think it's the cold weather, heating on in the house and constant hand washing! (and not having the time to dry them properly!!)

Thanks guys. I did wonder if it was all the hand washing and bottle washing etc. but that doesn't really explain my very dry feet, which I've never had before. Perhaps that's because I'm on my feet so much more now??! But yes, actually cold weather may have something to do with it. I just bought some hemp cream which I've heard is good for dry skin so will see if that makes a difference. It's so horrible having such dry hands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->