DS being accused of being mean

pandacub

Proud mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
i have a 5 year old boy who is in year one. His friend (who he has known since they were babies and are close) goes to the same school & they're in the same year, but different classes.
I received a message from my friend today saying that my DS & another child were being mean to her son and pushing him over today at playtime. I've had a word with my DS, but he's adamant that it didn't happen. Now, I don't know whether he's saying this because he doesn't want to get in trouble or because it didn't happen. It's a bit of a difficult situation, and (as much as I love my friends kid) he's known for being a bit of a fibber.
I feel like I can't really go any further with this other than talking to my son about being kind etc, as it's impossible to know exactly what happened. I've told my friend that her DS needs to tell a teacher when it happens really. I don't want this to affect our friendship, any words of advice? :shrugg:

Could you get them both together for a play date and subtly coax the truth out?

Could you ask the school if there was an incident between the two and to let you know if something comes up in the future? I wouldn't over-think how to deal with your son since you don't know what really happened. Maybe tell him what you heard and express your expectation of him and what he can do when he feels like pushing or if someone does it to him. I think it would be pretty petty of your friend if this affected your friendship unless your son became regularly mean and you decided to be apathetic, but that doesn't sound like the case p

I've got a parents evening next week so I will bring it up. I had them both here for a sleepover, and were both playing lovely on the Saturday... Then Sunday came, they were both ridiculously tired, and I walked it on her LO hitting mine in the stomach and my LO pushing him 😂 so I don't think it's a one way case of my kid being mean, but I will ask the school to keep an eye.

I don't think it's really appropriate her approaching you about it. My children's school has a rule around this and for good reason, it stops any confrontation like this, awkwardness and also it getting out of hand. She should be talking to the teacher about this and let them deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->