DSLR cameras

Mazzy17

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Since having Amy I have gotten the photography bug. I would like to get some advice on DSLR camera, which is best, what do you use? Where to get best deals?

I would recommend a Nikon. I use a Nikon D90 and I loveee it , its pretty easy to use and a lot of people consider Nikon the best quality. But tbh it depends what sort of price you're looking at, there's the Nikon D80 which is a great entery level dslr at a reaally good price. The lense you get would depend on the type of photos you would like to take.xx

My Dad does some photography work and had always shot Canon so when I wanted a DSLR I went for Canon so I could use his professional lenses. I have a 60D and love it. It's a great price now that the 70D just came out. I have friends who have Rebels and love them too. If you're just starting out I would just read about various features and decide what's important to you, then go Nikon or Canon depending. Both are going to give you great results. And I would be more inclined to spend money on quality lenses than the body because while the bodies get out of date, quality lenses will last forever. Amazon often has great prices.

Actually, the flower picture right here I took with my 60D :)

I have a Sony a37, it has a lot of features that other entry level cameras don't have and its really affordable too. I have the kit lens plus a 50mm prime lens and a sigma 70-300mm telephoto lens. Does lovely pictures.

Thanks for the advice ladies. This may be a stupid question but what does "D" mean? Been looking at the deals out there and D is there in the model name told you its stupid

I would recommend going to hold the cameras. I was torn between a Nikon and Canon (edging towards the Nikon) but when I physically held them I much preferred how the canon felt, and found the Nikon a little awkward. I think that it differs from person to person. I opted for the Canon 100d, (I've no idea what the d stands for), it's a light weight DSLR and I love it already!

My OH uses Canon as well, much prefers it to Nikon.

I have a Samsung NX1000. Very small body, very light. I got two lenses with it, 17mm Pancake and a 25-55mm Lense.

I really like it!

I'm a Canon user :) I've found Canon has 1 button that does 3 things and Nikon has 3 buttons that all do the same thing! Confusing and cumbersome.

But like someone else said, go and hold them - pick the one that fits better in your hands.

I had a 500D and a 5D :) I prefer film though - just not for fast kids!

Team Canon here, I'm currently on a 650D but planning to upgrade to full frame shortly. In regards to lenses I would look at what you are planning to photograph and choose your lenses from there, if it is mainly portraits indoors you may prefer to use a prime lens which removes the whole zoom factor, if it is outdoor photography you may want to look into zoom lens and macro lenses are great fun for extra close up shots.

I am a partner in a photography studio so most of my work is studio based and I love it :happydance: Anything outside is mainly my offspring in the woods etc.

I'm a prime girl :) In both film and digital.

My favourite digital camera in the world is the fuji x100s though. Had to sell it to raise funds when mum had cancer but will be buying another one in the next month or 2 :D

Once again thanks for the help. I would be using it on taking pictures of my little monster and landscapes. (Between us i like the idea of taking wedding pics as i have a vendetta against the photographer who was mine but that is a loooooooong way off right now) Found this deal for a Canoin, does this seem reasonable? https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/camer...-dc-iii-telephoto-zoom-lens-21342721-pdt.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->