Due date confusion

nosurprise

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

Wonder if anyone might help shed some light. According to my first midwife appointment, and using my LMP we agreed I was 5+1. That was last week. Since then I've noticed that my belly is growing and I don't know whether this can be attributed to bloating or water retention or something but it is quite substantial. I sent a picture to my sister who said it certainly looks like a baby bump but it seems so odd that I would have at 6 weeks. She asked if I'm sure of my LMP so when I went back over my calendar to check I noticed that I only had AF for 1 day in Nov and 1 day in Dec.
I called the midwife yesterday and the receptionist said she's off on leave but she would discuss with her team leader and get back to me. Well she still hasn't and I don't want to chase if I'm just being daft. What do you guys think. Would it be possible that my LMP was actually Nov and Dec's was a random bleed? I don't have any other major symptoms, eating and drinking plenty, feel a little sickly but nothing serious and boobs only a little sore if I poke em :haha:

Wow... Well lots of bloat is very common early on, but if you only bled for one day, I would be inclined to think it might have just been normal pregnancy spotting/light bleeding and you may be further along than you think!
I would organise a scan ASAP! :) good luck x

Maybe you should book for a dating scan. I have irregular periods, the edd from my lmp was nearly two weeks off with DD, the ultrasound date was nearly spot on

Ok so both of your answers make me think it's maybe not a wild imagination I have and that it's a perfectly normal thing to mention to the midwife, in which case I will call back and see if they will put me earlier for a scan. If not I think for my own piece of mind I might just get a private scan.
That's amazing Bunanie, two weeks differences is a fair way off. I know it's not a science but I guess I just took it that it was very clear cut!

Thanks for the reassurance ladies x

I'm in a similar situation, my last 2 periods have been long 2 weeks of spotting so no idea of when I was suppose to have conceived. Booked in with the midwife tomorrow so if she doesn't want to give me an early scan then I'm contemplating booking a private one. Honestly feel like my tummy I huge but it's probably just bloat !

Lucy that's exactly what I'm thinking, if I can convince MW for early scan then great, otherwise I'll just book in. The only thing about the one in Dec is that it was CD 27 so would that not be too late for implantation?

Are you suppose to tell the midwife that you are booking a private scan?
Bf commented last night on how my tummy is growing, currently living put my pj bottoms when I'm at home! Do u have the pic of ur bloat? Is it quite low ? Or everywhere ? Does that make sense ? Lol

bump.jpg

What do you think?? Should I call today since she hasn't returned my call. I know that they will think I'm being a crazy lady but if I'm further on that I thought I'd like to find out so I can tell everyone before I burst :happydance:

I would call! The worst that can happen I they tell you they won't do an early scan and then you can book one somewhere else! :) omg so excited for you :) keep us posted !

I would call! The worst that can happen I they tell you they won't do an early scan and then you can book one somewhere else! :) omg so excited for you :) keep us posted !

Thank you Lucy :flower: Ok going to call now, fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Good luck! I agree with the others that it couldn't hurt to have a scan to make absolutely sure.

It could go either way. It could be bloat (does you bump seem to go down at all?), but it could also be that you're further along. There's no harm in getting it checked out! If anything, I think it would be best for dating purposes. Isn't it that after 12 weeks the dating isn't as accurate as it would be 12 weeks and prior?

Let us know what they say :)

Good luck! I agree with the others that it couldn't hurt to have a scan to make absolutely sure.

It could go either way. It could be bloat (does you bump seem to go down at all?), but it could also be that you're further along. There's no harm in getting it checked out! If anything, I think it would be best for dating purposes. Isn't it that after 12 weeks the dating isn't as accurate as it would be 12 weeks and prior?

Let us know what they say :)

Firstly, what a dote in your profile pic!

That pics is as small as it gets spunky84. I still feel bloated but not there where I'm a fatty, but right above that so I just don't know.

So I've just called and they had me booked in for the 12th but are gone to see if there is anything available in the next two weeks.

Your crossed fingers worked first time Lucy. Hopefully the same will work for you!:winkwink:

That's great ! :)
Got my midwife appointment at lunchtime tomorrow so will see what she says!

Hey Lucy, how did it go?
I've just got my date moved early :) It's the 27th so I'll either be 8 or 11 weeks! Can't wait now! Hope your appointment went well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->