due date

MrsLemon

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I was just wondering if the midwife at your first appointment just calculated your due date from your last period or if she asked your cycle length?

as if i go from date of last period then I`m 5weeks3days

but my periods were never regular so it cant be that a good of a due date starting point can it?

x

last period and then when you have your 12 week scan it's adjusted if its out a week or more.

They do use your last period, but make sure you tell them you're irregular, they may give you an earlier dating scan to double check.

x

I knew my ovulation date based on temping and opk's, so my doctor was happy to go with that as it was more accurate than LMP since I ovulate late.

I will mention that i`m really irregular then :) thanks for the advice

If you're really irregular, you should ask for a dating scan! That way you can also get your u/s early! My bean has been measuring based on my ovulation date, not my lmp so it worked well for me.

I tend to tell them when I'm due based on ovulation and get into an argument where they ask me my LMP and I inform them of the irrelevance of it. Continuous breastfeeding has meant my LMP was only ever anywhere near correct for my first.

Do you know the date you ovulated? Cos if you don't then until your scan there isn't really another date they can use prior to a scan. Looking at your BFP date you won't be more than a week out or so, which is small change really. This pregnancy is 7 weeks out. My last pregnancy (MMC) was 3 weeks out. My pregnancy with DS was 12.5 months out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->