due end of january 2012 :)

Morticia I can't believe they said they can't see you until after 25 weeks thats such a wait. Can you not go to another hospital? x

I know - it's so annoying...I don't think I can go to another NHS hospital, as our local hosp is where I'm registered and they have my notes and it's where I will give birth etc...the most we could do if we were anxious is pay to have a private scan, but I'm thinking I will give them two weeks or so (until I'm 21 weeks) and if still no date then may look into that as an option. Frustrating because we don't want to find out the gender, so it's more a case of knowing everything is ok and having that reassurance! I also read that it's not very advisable to have anomaly scans after 24 weeks because the baby is bigger and tends to get into 'awkward positions' which makes doing a complete scan that much more difficult...they're prioritising people for scans as per due date, so here's hoping they're close to January already - though I doubt it!!! xx:kiss:

I live in London too and I'm really surprised to hear of your experience so far. As far as I've been told you can have your scan at any London hospital. I know this because I assumed I was booked into the hospital I had my first scan at but I wasn't and had to sort this out later. When I argued that because I'd had my scan there I was booked in they told me that anyone can have their scan there (Kings College Hosp)

I hope you manage to get it sorted, we booked our scan at the 12week appointment so they should be able to give you a date now for the future at least even if it is at 25 weeks. Our scan is at 22 weeks and people are telling me that is late, but we got to choose a date and time that was convenient to us both.

Hey ladies hope you don't mind me being a late-comer to the thread :flower:

I'm due on 29th Jan with my first baby. I've got my next scan on 19th September and can't wait!!!! We are hoping to find out the gender.

Been a bit worried the last few days as I've been feeling the baby move since the beginning of week 16, but rather than the flutters I was expecting, it felt like a bag of eels!!! Really strong and squirmy!
I had a few stressful days last week and didn't really feel much for a few days, but now I'm getting the reassuring flutters :thumbup:
Bit strange as it feels different to before and in different places, more like the flutters I was originally expecting so I guess the baby has just moved position.:wacko:
Reassuring feeling it though. Got anti natal check up Wednesday as I'm diabetic, so I'll feel much better once I hear to heartbeat again 

Nice to see lots of other ladies due around the same time :thumbup:

Morticia I can't believe they said they can't see you until after 25 weeks thats such a wait. Can you not go to another hospital? x

I know - it's so annoying...I don't think I can go to another NHS hospital, as our local hosp is where I'm registered and they have my notes and it's where I will give birth etc...the most we could do if we were anxious is pay to have a private scan, but I'm thinking I will give them two weeks or so (until I'm 21 weeks) and if still no date then may look into that as an option. Frustrating because we don't want to find out the gender, so it's more a case of knowing everything is ok and having that reassurance! I also read that it's not very advisable to have anomaly scans after 24 weeks because the baby is bigger and tends to get into 'awkward positions' which makes doing a complete scan that much more difficult...they're prioritising people for scans as per due date, so here's hoping they're close to January already - though I doubt it!!! xx:kiss:

I live in London too and I'm really surprised to hear of your experience so far. As far as I've been told you can have your scan at any London hospital. I know this because I assumed I was booked into the hospital I had my first scan at but I wasn't and had to sort this out later. When I argued that because I'd had my scan there I was booked in they told me that anyone can have their scan there (Kings College Hosp)

I hope you manage to get it sorted, we booked our scan at the 12week appointment so they should be able to give you a date now for the future at least even if it is at 25 weeks. Our scan is at 22 weeks and people are telling me that is late, but we got to choose a date and time that was convenient to us both.

Really? Perhaps I'm assuming rather than finding out what my options are...that's reassuring that you can book in to other hosps. Though, luckily (sort of!) it's all changed for us now because I had to make an impromptu hospital dash last week because I had a bleed...they have said all is fine and they think it'sd just a case of thrush causing it, we also heard baby's heartbeat which was reassuring, and I haven't had any more bleeding since. the upshot of the scare however is that they've brought our scan forward to this Friday...which is a HUGE relief! will keep you posted xx:kiss:

Another late comer to the thread - can I join?

My due date is Jan 30 based on LMP... though my scans show me as being Jan 25-27.

Hi girlies :flower:

Hope everyone is doing really well - I've been getting more and more tiny flutters, a couple of kicks when I'm laying down too which is very exciting!

also FINALLY had my 20-week scan on Friday and all was fine which is a huge relief...the little bean was wriggling all over the place!

am going to attach a pic but they're not great (not as good as our 12-week ones) because he/she was moving around so much.

Still Team Yellow...unless anyone has any predictions?! xx:kiss:
EDD 24 Jan 2012! :happydance:

Attachments

• bean.jpg
    bean.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1
Hey Morticia, yey I'm happy for you you had your 20 week scan and everything is ok. It's such a relief to know your little baby is healthy isn't it :) My next appointment is with the midwife at 25 weeks which seems like a while but I hope time flies :) I have no idea whether your having a boy or girl from your scan as I'm not very good reading them but I'll guess a boy just for fun hehe. My baby boy has started kicking harder now and I love feeling it, it always makes me smile. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->