Due in 19 days, and I think I have my names

mh_ccl

Reaction score
We're team yellow, so we've had to find a way to agree on two names. DH has been mostly uninvolved, though I've pushed him to get responses to some of my suggestions. And I think we've finally arrived at possible names for either a boy or a girl.

Eleanor Gray Bellamy (nn Nora) - The only gendered dream I've had was of giving birth to a girl named Eleanor and calling her Nora. No real reason for the mn, other than I like the way it sounds. It's got the May-Rae-Fay sound, but has a bit more gravitas.

Miles Riker Bellamy (possibly Miles Riker Faraday Bellamy) - I'm quite set on Miles for a boy. I used to joke with DH that Riker Danger Bellamy would be the best baby name EVER (after William Riker on Star Trek TNG) and it actually grew on us, but I don't think I want it for a first name. We might add Faraday not only as a nerdy nod to the scientist, but also because that would give us "RF" as middle initials, and DH is a radio guy.

I'm still not telling anyone our names until after we've had the baby, but I figure I can spill the beans here. Of course, we have a week to name him/her after the birth, so there will be time to change our minds if we look at the baby and the names feel wrong.

Both nice names, particularly love Nora :)

Both lovely!

Riker Danger would be awesome though!!!!!! :haha:

Your names are adorable! Nora is seriously cute, and I actually quite like Miles (having not really thought about it before). I once knew a Miles, but he was spelt Myles. Congrats and let us know what you have! :)

I adore your girl's name. The middle name is gorgeous and unexpected and the first is beautiful and classic with a cute nickname.

I don't like the boy's name though, sorry!

I adore your girl's name. The middle name is gorgeous and unexpected and the first is beautiful and classic with a cute nickname.

I don't like the boy's name though, sorry!

This exactly! Your girls name is so awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->