Due in 6 days, any advice

storm4mozza

Mom of 3 :)
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Son was born at 40 + 5
Daughter was born at 39 +2

This soon to be Daughter is due on Sunday and I am currently 39 + 1

Sex brought on labour both times but obviously, it's not working this time she isn't ready to come. I think I may go over, if I do have any of you tried any other safe methods of inducing labours that you found to actually work? I know there is no scientific backing on any of them but I know sex worked last time so I can only assume other people had things work for them in the past, any ideas?

I don't have any advice from personal experience as i was induced all 3 times between 10-12 days overdue!! But alot of my friends had sweeps then went for really really long walks which seemed to do the trick for them! One kf5 my friends had her sweep then went for a walk down the beach and her waters went down there lol. I'm planning on doing NOTHING this time round as i tried everything each time and it still didnt happen for me so i dont expect this time to be any different lol x

I've heard nipple stimulation can help? I bounced on my bouncy ball and still went over due! Going to do a lot more walking with this second one as I reckon that'll help!

Like you said no guarantees but here’s a list of possibilities:
1. Lots of sex with lots of semen lol (that’s what may ripen cervix)
2. Lots of walking
3. Castor oil (comes with a lot of bowel upset)
4. Acupuncture or do your own acupressure
5. Red Raspberry Leaf
6. Evening Primrose Oil
7. Safe exercising
All should be ok’d by your practitioner but this seems to be the common list of things to try. Good luck!

Sex worked with my first, literally had sex propped a pillow underneath my bottom and minutes late I started contracting, most likely a coincidence and I was ready to go anyway. With our second nothing worked, I went ten days over and just woke up with mild contractions x

Thanks ladies, 5 days to go still no signs but she seems happy inside :) Primrose oil... we are calling her Primrose ;) thanks for the tips

I had a sweep with both my girls and they both worked.

First sweep I had at 10am and lost my plug at 7pm, I had her 4am the next morning.

Second sweep midwife said it wouldn't work, but 24 hours later I started contracting and had her within 6 hours.

This time they think I need a section (partial placenta previa), but I will find out at my last scan tomorrow. I really don't want a section, but I don't want to go over due neither. Im massive and really struggling x

Hi Mummy of Ange when are you due this baby? Hope your scan went well, my placenta was like this with my Daughter but fortunately it moved.

Hi Mummy of Ange when are you due this baby? Hope your scan went well, my placenta was like this with my Daughter but fortunately it moved.

My placenta had moved today so I'm really happy. Got a sweep booked 2 weeks today when I will be 38+3 xx

I was told at my Kaiser labor class that walking lunges can help. Just be careful and have someone with you. Rolling hip circles on an exercise ball.

Thanks for the tip Dobby :) may try this tonight, hubby is off work until Tuesday so we really want her out before he goes back :D

Glad scan went well Mummy, can I ask why your having a sweep so early? I know they can usually be booked from due date but my Midwife (UK) said I won't be due a sweep until I am 41 weeks and I doubt i'll have an appointment until I am at least 40 + 4 days :/

So my routine everytimetoo get labor going was I'd have a nice deep massage usually I do a 70 minute one, then I go have acupuncture and they apply acupressure as well then a nice long walk doing squats and lunges along the way and then sec as the finally hahaha they don't do sweeps where I live I've never gone overdue but did go to the due date with my first hope someof that will help! Good luck

Thanks so much Katie.

Nothing happening yet just diarrhoea (sorry TMI) and nausea along with aches and pains (but I feel this is from babies position and not contractions). I think I am just wishful thinking =(

My first two were early but long labour with first so tried everything to get it to speed up like pinapple red tea stuff which i thought was discusting ds2 he came without warning and ds3 was over due so thought was going to be induced but went for like a 3 hour walk round a car bootsale got home had some sneaky sexy time waited a while which helps with a pillow started having mild contractions then jumpex into a hot bath also helped to clense the naughtyness lmao went straight to hospital and was 6 cm so maybe your icky tummy is a sign xx

Thanks Names.

DiniDana, when you say wait a while do you mean, don't go bathroom straight after to try keep the semen inside?

Having aches I was sure it was just babies position but she's moving so much I don't know how it could be, but it's not period pain contractions so I am unsure, it's only when I am moving mainly and inconsistent.

However this morning my appetite has gone, nausea is back on and off... and had diarrhea again (but this time it was a proper... event sorry TMI again lol but yesterday it was only a small amount).

Thanks Names.

DiniDana, when you say wait a while do you mean, don't go bathroom straight after to try keep the semen inside?

Having aches I was sure it was just babies position but she's moving so much I don't know how it could be, but it's not period pain contractions so I am unsure, it's only when I am moving mainly and inconsistent.

However this morning my appetite has gone, nausea is back on and off... and had diarrhea again (but this time it was a proper... event sorry TMI again lol but yesterday it was only a small amount).

This could be your "clear out" I have this sometimes hours before sometimes a day or 2before for me it'sa sign labor is imminent! Oooh I'm excited for you lol I keep checking in!!

Thanks Names.

This could be your "clear out" I have this sometimes hours before sometimes a day or 2before for me it'sa sign labor is imminent! Oooh I'm excited for you lol I keep checking in!!

Lol sorry if I disappoint you in making you wait :) the possible clear our but nothing else has happened as of yet, 2 days to go.

Lol all good!! It's just gives me something to look forward to when I open the web page!!

Thanks for the tip Dobby :) may try this tonight, hubby is off work until Tuesday so we really want her out before he goes back :D

Glad scan went well Mummy, can I ask why your having a sweep so early? I know they can usually be booked from due date but my Midwife (UK) said I won't be due a sweep until I am 41 weeks and I doubt i'll have an appointment until I am at least 40 + 4 days :/

Think it's due to the size of her. I've been on the 97th centile throughout. She said I can have a sweep from 37 weeks but next app isn't until I'm 38+ 3.

I'm under the hospital so I don't see a MW just a consultant. She's wrote in my green notes sweep at next app xx

Mummy hope all goes well :), still no signs for me she is due tomorrow but doubt she is coming on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->