Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

My baby boy was born at 29 weeks and spent 68 days in NICU which was not much fun but he's perfect now.

I'm also hoping nine of us go pre-term xx

I just re read my post and I meant NONE not nine!

I hope NONE of us go pre-term!!!!

I just re read my post and I meant NONE not nine!

I hope NONE of us go pre-term!!!!

I know it shouldn't have, but this really made me laugh! I didn't notice you'd put 'nine' until you re-posted. I wondered which 9 of us you'd chosen!
It's good to know that your little boy has done well in spite of his traumatic start to life though.

Sorry girls, but I need to rant.
I went to a meal with some of my family last night and it went well, except for my mother who keeps having digs at me.
To start with, I keep getting reminded that "It's going to be difficult with 3!" and "You need to get your two sorted otherwise you won't manage!" My kids are really quite well behaved and I do tend to givethem a little bit more freedom when there are other people there, ie not tell them off for everything they do that is remotely naughty (not even that) for example, last night, my daughter who is getting to be toilet trained (she's fine with n°1 but not with n°2) kept going to the toilet too often, I admit, but at least she was trying. When there (sorry if tmi ) she would manage a pump but not anything else. Anyway, I let her get on with it because at least she's trying... and we were just with close family... until My husband and I decided to stop her because she started to make it a game and my mother just went "Don't give in!" as if I would have! If I decide to tell my daughter to stop doing something, I am not about to just let her do it !!!
Anyway, between having "good kids" and "having to be more strict with them" where do I stand... I must be lucky that my kids are good just out of their own kindness!!!
Anyway, just before we left, she managed to get in that I must be carefull not to put too much weight on! She keeps having that dig!!! So I told her quite plainly that I have so far only put about 3 kg on, to which she said "No, you haven't!" Thanks!!!
For my first, I put 10 kg on,which is the amount of weight you are supposed to put on on average but that "is too much!" and with my daughter, I only put about 7 kg on, but even that would be too much!!!
She is driving me insane.
Today, I just can't get over it so sorry for the long rant but I had to get it off my chest!

By the way, Rozzer, your typo made me smile!

I can't believe I've reached V-day! But the funny part is that 40 weeks is still a long, long, time away.
Does anyone else feel that the mid-20s are moving slowly?

I can't believe I've reached V-day! But the funny part is that 40 weeks is still a long, long, time away.
Does anyone else feel that the mid-20s are moving slowly?

Oh I am totally feeling it is moving slowly... It seemed like getting to 20 weeks was SOOO fast... Now I am almost 25 and I feel like it has been forever! Not that I should be complaining though, I have so much to do to get ready for baby! FTM and first of my friends/family to have a baby (the youngest in my family is turning 18 this year). So much to get, so much to do and so much to learn in 15 weeks!

My slowest point was between 16 and 20 weeks, it has sped up again now. It won't be long before I have 3 to chase around everywhere. I think I can hold off for another 16 weeks :lol:

I feel like it's slowing down abit too, i think I'm ready for 3rd tri now and I'll be happy once I get there!
Starting to think about organizing and what not. Planning on baby shopping over the next few weeks and sorting out the kids sleeping arrangements to free up the cot!
I'm also trying to plan both their birthdays while I have the chance to! Ted will be 2 in May so it will be less than a month til baby arrives, I think were going to Thomas land and I'm going to buy his presents in the next few weeks so I can cross that off the to do list. And Jesse will be 5 in August and he wants a birthday party with friends from school so I'm looking at hiring the village hall for that! No idea what presents to get him though (Ted is getting an easel and lots of art equipment and some dinosaur train stuff I think)

Phew! At least I don't need much for the baby so I can get that out of the way pretty quickly!

Has anybody thought about hospital bag yet?

Soooo slow! The beginning part of pregnancy flew by, just dragging now...

I have thought about hospital bag, but not got anywhere with sorting it!

Desperately trying to get the extension sorted at the moment, I really hope that the plans go through by the end of march and we can start straight away, then it may just be finished before baby bear gets here! It's all so stressful though.

Same as me Squidge.. I thought about it. The idea of sitting and writing a list of stuff I'll need in 15 (almost) weeks makes my brain fog up abit though. I am planning to buy myself some new pjs though and 'save' them for my hospital bag! Lol

I've got most of my hospital bag packed already. Just have to add toothbrush, phone charger, and a few extra clothing items and go. I packed early because of my stay in the hospital and risk for preterm labor. DH also has a list of everything for my bag so if we have to leave before adding those last few items he can come back and finish.

Me neither. :dohh: I think pregnancy brain has already got to me. I will need to buy a new night gown or something. :wacko:

I left my hospital bag till 11:15pm at 38+6 last time... I finished the ironing & wrapping Xmas presents and said to
DH about 11pm should I go to bed and get an earlyish night or should I pack my hospital bag. I decided to go to bed but as I turned to get into bed my waters went !

Changed my mind & packed a bag :rofl:

So I told her quite plainly that I have so far only put about 3 kg on, to which she said "No, you haven't!"
as it's your mother, you are perfectly within your rights to go absolutely APE at her. MIL, different story. this alone would have had me fuming enough to have verbally taken her down a peg or two, with words that she wouldn't forget in a hurry.

Me neither. :dohh: I think pregnancy brain has already got to me. I will need to buy a new night gown or something. :wacko:

i was hoping to wear DH's rugby shirt that i laboured in with taylor but we can't find it ANYWHERE! starting to think it got left at the hospital by accident :cry:

and my shrink doesn't want to go the meds route at all, she's gonna get the community psychiatric nurse heavily involved instead and start psychotherapy after the birth (as apparently they won't touch me whilst pregnant).

she's also given me a "prescription". she wants me to have my dad (who lives just down the road) take taylor 2-3 times a week (currently has him once a week plus the occasional overnighter) so that in addition to catching up on the housework, i can have one day of "self-soothing hedonism". in other words, so that i have the time to go out and do something that makes me happy. and you know what, i had to really think about what makes me happy. can't walk much (hips) can't swim easily (local pool now closed), friends that live nearby are currently doing my head in and friends that don't do my head in aren't close by... leaves knitting/crochet, tv and reading. i can't even call cooking something i enjoy because it's so much part of the routine of housework.

i was determined not to lose my identity when i became a mom, but it looks like it's kinda happened anyway. so hubby and i are working on a compromise solution so we can both feel better about things. he's going for counselling through work, see. he's prone to recurrent depression, esp with stress a factor.

on the plus side, taylor STTN last night again :)

So I told her quite plainly that I have so far only put about 3 kg on, to which she said "No, you haven't!"
as it's your mother, you are perfectly within your rights to go absolutely APE at her. MIL, different story. this alone would have had me fuming enough to have verbally taken her down a peg or two, with words that she wouldn't forget in a hurry.

You picked on exactly what set me off! But I think I have sort of got over it now. I unfortunately am not very good atletting people know when I am unhappy or angry and I tend to keep it to myself, which of course doesn't help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->