Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

she's also given me a "prescription". she wants me to have my dad (who lives just down the road) take taylor 2-3 times a week (currently has him once a week plus the occasional overnighter) so that in addition to catching up on the housework, i can have one day of "self-soothing hedonism". in other words, so that i have the time to go out and do something that makes me happy. and you know what, i had to really think about what makes me happy. can't walk much (hips) can't swim easily (local pool now closed), friends that live nearby are currently doing my head in and friends that don't do my head in aren't close by... leaves knitting/crochet, tv and reading. i can't even call cooking something i enjoy because it's so much part of the routine of housework.

i was determined not to lose my identity when i became a mom, but it looks like it's kinda happened anyway. so hubby and i are working on a compromise solution so we can both feel better about things. he's going for counselling through work, see. he's prone to recurrent depression, esp with stress a factor.

on the plus side, taylor STTN last night again :)[/QUOTE]

Instead of something that makes you happy, which I think is difficult to pinpoint, maybe you should take it as a time to relax and just do something that isn't house/child related. You could maybegoto see a movie or a play, have a long relaxing bath (not too hot!), just stuff that you just haven't usually got time to do now and that you forgot you ever did in the past!!!
Good luck anyway and I hope you get plenty of full nights sleep, as that will certainly help as well!

and have bikkits and hot chocolate on the couch watching desperate housewives on demand.... yeah, i could get used to that, i think!

Have definitely felt movements tonight! Have felt odd little flutters and weren't sure if they were baby movement or spasms, but tonight little baby bear has been flip flopping all over the shop. S/he clearly loves tea and cake!!

Haha. My baby girl seems to love fountain sodas. Not bottled. She kicks up a storm when I drink them. DF got to feel her kick last night!!! Only once, as her kicks aren't always powerful enough but it was still very exciting. :happydance:

Minni - I used to crave fountain drinks when pregnant with my first. Fountain coke haha couldn't be from a bottle it's not the same!

- yaaay :happydance: V day for me! Next milestone is double digits!

Congrats on V day!
What do you mean by double digits? I just can't think... pregnancy brain???:wacko:

Congrats on V day!
What do you mean by double digits? I just can't think... pregnancy brain???:wacko:

I think probably 'double digits' refers to the number of days left until D-day! So I only have a week and a bit to go, as shown by my ticker.

Can someone help me out please? I've received a letter from my GP stating that I should have the whooping cough vaccine after 28 weeks. I was pretty much like 'yes. I'll definitely do that', then someone on another forum was saying about how it's not been tested enough and their mw advised against it, so now I'm very confused! Did I imagine it, or did someone, at some point, post a link to a very sad story of a baby dying from whooping cough because the mother hadn't been vaccinated? If anyone knows what I'm talking about and happens to have the link, or can find it easily, would you please point me in the right direction. Thank you!

From what I understand getting the vaccine is a difference in opinion and can be given after 28 weeks or immediately after birth... I haven't asked my Dr what she advises.. but I have seen many women in third tri get the vaccine! I did get my flu vaccine because of the h1n1, there was a post the other day in 3rd tri about a lady who didn't get her flu vaccine and got h1n1 but I don't know the outcome for her personally... I did read a story the other day about an infant dying of complications from the whooping cough, it's quite sad!!!

Yep double digits means less than 100 days to go! :haha:

I didn't have the flu jab and I wasn't even offered it, but I refused last time I was pregnant so maybe it's written down somewhere.
I'll have to look into whooping cough before I decide. Havnt had it with the boys though I don't think it was offered then!

it's only being offered now because so many people refused the vaccination 10, 15, 20 years ago and there was a huge rise in the number of cases of whooping cough in 2012 to the extent that quite a few babies died from it: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/...gh-cases-up-tenfold-as-another-baby-dies.html

this is just one of the stories of a baby dying from whooping cough, there are many others around though: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cough-doctors-failed-recognise-didnt-jab.html

as far as i know, the soonest you can vacc your baby is 8w along with the standard diet of jabs they get at that age, which is why it's recommended for pregnant women in 3rd tri (after 26 weeks in my area, and yes i'll be getting it just like last time).

As 1eighty said the whooping cough vaccine is not for the mum but to protect the baby for the first 8 weeks of life. Even if mum is immune it is recommended. There has been more whooping cough on the go so babies are more at risk. I had it late 2012 with my last baby and will again with this one.

My doctor highly recommends not only me getting it, but anyone that will be around the baby a lot within the first 8 weeks of life. My husband will be getting it as well as me, I may even ask our parents and siblings just in case.

My doctor told me that I should get it, and everyone who will have regular contact with the baby should get it as well. (Hubby, grandparents, etc.) It's extremely contagious, and can easily be fatal to babies. My doctor's office said that whooping cough is making a huge resurgence, and the emergency rooms are full of people with it every year.

I've heard the same thing, everyone who will be near the baby needs to get it.

So, my doctor officially diagnosed me as having gestational diabetes. I cant wrap my head around it. I mean, my blood sugar drops into the 40's or 50's sometimes, how could I have diabetes?! Ugh. Now I'm worrying myself that I'm gonna end up needing a c-section which means I'd have to have a spinal and I just cant fathom a needle in my spine... ugh. :( not a good day.

Aw. :hugs: Minni. I hope they're wrong. What makes them think you have GD?

Hey Minni, sorry to hear about GD, but unless I'm wrong or there are other complications, I don't think it means you won't be able to give birth normally. You'll just have to watch for the size of the baby and avoid eating too much sweet stuff in the mean time... I think!

My midwife hasn't mentioned the whooping cough vaccine but I will ask her about it at my next appointment on Friday.

V-day over here! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->