Due this winter with multiples...join in!

Rainshiny

Reaction score
Hello, I'm due with boy/girl twins on Jan 8th (37 weeks). My wife and I are super excited and busy getting everything ready as it's our first and second!
I dressed like a pumpkin today to hand out candy, hahaaa.

I'm feeling a ton of movement which is really neat. I think I'm starting to slow down more- the couch is a close friend, lol. Anyone else feel sort of growth spurts where you feel a lot of belly pressure?
Have enough people said to you 'oh wow, will your life change!' I mean duh...
Do you have a lot of help lined up? Did you get the tandem city jogger that everyone raves about? Are you planning to breastfeed? Join in!

I am due my 3rd in December, I have 7yr old b/g twins already. I tried to breast feed but neither one took to it so I expressed until my milk dried up. I don't like tandem prams at all. I had side by side for mine. I much prefer standard prams not travel systems. Just got to pick what suits your needs best.

I'm due b/g twins 11 Dec but will be having my csection at 37+5 on 24th of this month. I went for a Jane twone pushchair which seems lovely when put together, I'm a hopeful breast feeder I exclusively breastfed both my other children.

I have ordered a my beast friend twin pillow so hoping to attempt tandem feeding, I haven't much help around most ppl are working my mum will take a week off and my OH will take 2 weeks off and his parents will try to help when possible. They live quite far away so not sure how much they can do, I'm optimistic despite having 2 other kids I just have to do my best xx

Hey, I'm due my di/di girl twins 4th feb (so mid jan for induction), I'm 27 weeks on Thursday :)

I won't be breast feeding as I'm on medication that means I'll be unable to :( but these are my 3rd and 4th children, so very excited!
I have my oh at home he'll be having some time off when they're born but after that will mostly be juggling them all alone with family on standby if things get desperate!

Hope your well, it really has started getting tough the past few weeks for me. Twins is no walk in the park on the body, my singleton pregnancies seem like a breeze in comparison looking back! Although they were a few years ago now

Agreed Gemma, singleton was so much easier even my first who was 10lb at birth. This is also number 3&4 and I'm terrified of how I'll cope but fingers crossed 😣

Hi Twinmum, Shezza and Gemaleane!

Twin mum did you have a shock when you found out it was pair number two or were you expecting it?

You all have older children- maybe they will become big helpers for you too?

My mother in law is coming to stay with us for three months to help which is awesome, but she speaks only French and I hope I can communicate ok when I'm sleep deprived!

I agree although this is my first- twin pregnancy is not a breeze. I feel so uncomfortable in my belly when I walk although it supposedly is not an actual medical issue.

I failed my 1 hour glucose test last week so I'm going in tomorrow for the three hour. Argh... FX I don't fail it too!

Hope all goes well for you glucose tolerance. It's good to have support my 8 year old is very excited my 3 year old not so much lol X

Hooray! I passed the second glucose test! No GD at least so far. Phew.

Shezza- not long for you now! Are you working or did you take time of for the last few weeks?

Gemma- do you think you'll try for regular labor or will you need to induce or have a c section?

Twin mum- why do you dislike the tandem 'pram' (you must be from UK :)? I realized after I posted that you're expecting a singleton this time around.

I'm still taking prenatal yoga but I don't know how long I can do it... I haven't been able to do any inverted poses and any forward bending is now making me feel like I'm squishing my kids! The boy is so far down in my pelvis that he feels so weird when he moves. They are both distractin and tend to act up when I'm in meetings and want to concentrate. Sheesh. But their movements are adorable anyway of course. (No I haven't experienced the foot-in-ribs yet, haha).

Lol yeah I am in UK. :) I just really do not like how one baby sits behind the other, on a lot of styles the baby at the back is lower so has a very restricted view and it stops them from interacting with each other as much. Mine always loved holding hands in the pram and were always peeking over at each other, playing together and chattering away to each other. Just can't have that with a tandem. Side by sides fit thru a standard door way and things like that so doesn't really cause problems getting about day to day. We were out a lot walking to and from play groups and supermarkets and Dr app etc on a daily basis so until they were walking they spent a lot of time in the pram so was very important for me to make sure they had that interaction with each other and the world around them.

Everyone has their own personal preferences thou. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->