Due towards end of January 2009

elm

Mama
Reaction score
A thread for mutual support and chat for everyone due towards the end of Jan / early Feb.

I'm due on the 24th January 2009 and I'm missing the bump buddies thread from the first tri so am hoping everyone posts here (the more the merrier) and we can all keep up to date with how each other is doing :happydance:

:hug:
........................20 Week Scan Date......................EDD.........................Team
helen1234..........11th Sept 08.......................23rd January 2009.........Blue

biscuit...............11th Sept 08........................22nd January 2009.....Pink

LuluBee.............2nd Sept 08..........................28th January 2009..........Blue

BabyD...............2nd Sept 08..........................23rd January 2009...........Pink

Beltane.............27th Aug 08.........................24th January 2009.............Blue

Jaylene..............11th Sept 08......................19th January 2009............?

elm...................11th Sept 08.......................24th January 2009....Blue

princessellie........27th Aug 08.........................19th January 2009..........Pink

hellotasha..........11th Sept 08.....................25th January 2009.........Pink

xLaurax...............8th Sept 08................21st January 2009.........Blue

Nicky..................17th Sept 08...............28th January 2009.......Yellow

Totally Mommy.....26th August 08......................19th January 2009.......Blue

Dragonfly.......................................................26th January 2009

kitty1987.........15th Sept 08.............................31st January 2009......Blue

Michelle100.....................................................16th January 2009......Blue

hypernorm.......................................................28th January 2009

bibswy.............................................................12th January 2009... Yellow

blah11..............................................................10th January 2009

charlie.............................................................13th January 2009

Bellylicious........................................................30th January 2009

Curlywoo...........................................................19th January 2009

(? indicates hoping to join team blue / pink soon!
*Lulu Bee has her private appointment on Thursday 14th August )

yo...
i'm here lol,
i'm due 23rd as well, shall we have a bet who'll get there 1st? lol.
hows everyone doing?,
i'm still heaving like a trooper lol, i even did it in the queue at asda only twice though, the checkout woman looked at me like 'what you doing' and i was like "i'm ok i'm always doing this" soooo embarrassing lol.
other than that everythings good
oh and hows everyone bumps growing still can't feel mine but my trousers are etting tight
xx
xx

:happydance::happydance:
I've missed having bump buddies!
I'm feeling much better most of the time. Although I'm sure me and my husband provided passers by with lots of amusement earlier in the week. He left work feeling ill and we were just on the way to the doctors when he pulled over saying he felt sick, seeing him puking set me off and so the pair of us were stood throwing up at the side of the road for a good few minutes - at least he got a taste of what I've been feeling like!
How are everyone's bumps? Mine's started to grow quite bit recently:hug:

:rofl: ohh LuluBee that sounds terrible but made me laugh!!!

Sorry Helen - put my due date on a day earlier than I'm due... don't know what that was about, I've edited it. I think I'll go into labour first and give birth last - I am thinking it will be an epic labour!!!

My bump is getting huge but I think it's still mainly fat and bloat, I was another 4lbs heavier when I weighed myself earlier but I was full of food and drink. Ordered loads of clothes off ebay for 99p (& £14 postage but there's LOADS of things!).

My friend who I haven't seen for ages gave birth today, she text me a photo of her gorgeous little baby girl - can't wait to have one!!!

Anyone had any flutterings yet?

(yay for bump buddies!!! :happydance: xxx)

x

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for the heads up Elm, I have been missing our buddies thread. It's good to catch up with everyone. Sounds like you are all doing fine.

I'm feeling pretty good these days and the bump is definitely growing, yay!:happydance: I had my first midwife appointment on Tuesday, AT LAST! It went really well, she was lovely and it was so nice to have somebody talk to me like I am an actual pregnant person. I have another appointment today, with a doctor this time so that he can approve me for the type of care that I want. I am hoping to get into the Know Your Midwife scheme, not sure if you have a similar thing in the UK. Basically I will see a team of about 4 or 5 midwives throughout my pregnancy so that when I go in to give birth I will know whoever it is that is there with me. Also means I get to give birth in the birthing suit which has a big comfy double bed so that OH can stay overnight with me. The midwife said that the doctor may do a wee scan today, just to check my dates and make sure there is only one baby. I am sooooo excited. I also have my proper scan booked for the 11th of September.

We are off on holiday next Sunday :happydance::happydance::happydance:. We're going up to the tropical north of Queensland to stay in the rain forest for a few days and then we're going out to one of the islands on the barrier reef for a week. Ohh my goodnes, it's going to be so nice. It's the first proper relaxing holiday OH and I have had together in the 8 years we've been together. We thought we'd better squeeze it in before baby arrives.

Anyway, forgive me for the length of this entry, it's been a while.

How did it go at the doctors biscuit? We've got our scans on the same day in September! Are you going to find out the gender?

That double bed thing sounds great! I'm really hoping we get somewhere sorted out to live so I can have a home birth but it feels like that's not going to happen in time!

I'm seeing my midwife on Wednesday - well a midwife, my usual one is off this week.

Hope everyone's well xxx

Here I am dolls!!! Come on January and hurry the heck up!!

Here I am dolls!!! Come on January and hurry the heck up!!

:happydance: Glad you found us!! It just took me ages to find this thread and it was right at the top!!! Do you think your man is going to get jealous of your lovely new maternity pillow thing?!

xxx

Hello all, i'm due end of January too - the 23d (was told 21st but changd at tweleve week scan). Would be lovely to join you and have a place to share experiences and generall progress. So, have many felt movement yet?

Welcome Baby D. In answer to your question, nope haven't felt anything yet. Thought I might of the other night but that was quickly followed by a wee fart so seems I was mistaken.:rofl:

Had a great appointment with the Doc yesterday. Midwife had told us he may do a quick scan but not to get our hopes up. I went in with a full bladder and had to wait 45 minutes but he actually did do the scan so it was worth it. He had a good prod around at my belly first and said he thought I was a good bit further on than I had said because my bump is bigger than expected. I was quite excited at this, it's nice to have a professional tell you that you have a good sized bump, although I was a little worried he may say there were two babies! Anyway, it turns out there is just the one but he thinks my due date is more like the 22nd than the 27th, baby was a little bigger than expected but not as big as the bump indicates. It was soooo fantastic to see the wee one kicking and squirming. Just amazing to see what it's up to right at that moment. Everything looked good, two arms, two legs, one head, one strong heart.:happydance::happydance::happydance:

OH was pretty excited too, we haven't stopped grinning since.

Can't wait for the big scan on the 11th of September. We are leaning towards finding out the gender which makes it quite exciting.

Hey biscuit - well i hope you feel your little one real soon!

Yay am 16 weeks today! Feels fantastic. :happydance:

I too had a midwife appointment, no scan, though, but did get to hear the heartbeat - midwife said it's slightly higher, which indicates a baby girl!!! On the other hand she said, ahhh, hang on, it's slowing, yes it could be a boy! Reckon we will find out on the 2nd of September at our detailed scan. I am really looking forward to it!

How is everyone today?

Hey ladies!!! Sorry I am so late in joining....I rarely make it on here during the weekend and this weekend was the long weekend.

I am due January 19th and have been missing the bump buddies as well, so thank you Elm!!

How is everyone doing today? I had a baught of dizziness this morning and almost got sick in the sink, but i think it is from going all the way up the stairs from the basement to the top floor in out two storey. :rofl: Other than that I am getting more and more hungrier everyday. DH finally admitted that there is a bump and talked to LO last night. Have not felt anything yet but am hoping to have an easy time with my new doppler that i am waiting for in the mail today, tonight.

Hope you are all well.
Love,
Jaylene

I kept thinking i could feel something fluttering away this afternoon - but i had quite a big lunch and think it's more likely to have been wind unfortunately. I can't wait for those first little flutters though!

People are starting to notice my bump when I wear tight clothes. We were at the airport last week to go to Paris and I was wearing a vest top and long skirt, when we got to check in the lady asked me how many weeks pregnant I was - I was so excited :happydance::happydance:

Have been busy buying little blue baby clothes now we know the sex, I keep saying i'll wait til our scan next week to get it confirmed before I buy anything esle and then I see another cute little sleepsuit and I have to buy it! I'm keeping all the labels and receipts and reckon I can always swap if the first doctor got it wrong!

Glad you're all ok and good to be in touch with everyone again - I've missed you all :hug:

Just noticed that Jaylene and I have our 20 week scan on the same day and I think Elm is that day too. We need to celebrate. Have you all had a read of the Pregnancy Traditions thread over in second trimester? It's by Sarhaka I think and it's absolutely hilarious!

biscuit - we do need to celebrate!!! what shall we do? I have seen the thread but am not sure what to do.

LuluBee - that's okay, i have not bought anything yet and am still hesitant to do so. Good for you for indulging though. Your LO is lucky!!

Got my doppler in the mail yesterday and heard the heartbeat....I guess this means I could go and buy some clothes!! ;)

Glad to have you all back!
:hugs:

Hello :)

Just started puting all our EDDs and scan dates and things on the first page, have lots of blanks so let me know what to put in them / tell me to get things right that I've got wrong!!!

Are we still the same EDD Beltane? Mine got moved by a day so not sure now. Wasn't sure what you're counting as your EDD LuluBee x

I had my mw appointment today - everything went really well, all my test results were good (including my iron levels which was lovely). Had blood taken for my triple test and if there's a high risk they'll let me know in about two weeks time. Haven't got any more appointments til my scan now. It's lovely sharing our scan date! Hope they all go well.

Sounds great buying things LuluBee! I can't wait to join you. Might have to get a few little white sleep suit things (or whatever they are!) soon...

xxx

hey elm,

glad to hear all went well and that your iron levels are up!! good girl!!! ;)

I am on team yellow if you want to add that.

Thanks for keeping everything up to date!!

Love and hugs and a good night to you all!
Jaylene
:hugs:

My EDD is the 22nd of January and I am hoping to join team blue or pink at my scan.

They've put my EDD back to the 28th Jan (just haven't been bothered to change my ticker). I've got my 20 week scan on the 2nd September, but get to see LO at my private appt next thursday (am counting down the days!)

we're all literally days within each other how cool is that...
i was a day late with rosie if i'm a day late this time it'll be on my mums birthday.
've got my 2nd mw appt on monday, she'll listen to the heartbeat as well,
i'm having a home visit, she'll set up my 20weeks scan as well, so far i'm on team yellow and staying there.......mmmm so far anyway lol
not felt any flutters, but do feel heavy in my tummy now and slightly harder in places for a while, but still no definate bump, won't be long though
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->