Due towards end of January 2009

Gosh- I totally forgot about this thread. I need to catch up! Elm- yes- I think our due dates are spot on. Glad to hear about the pillow LuLuBee- arent they heaven?!! Hope you are feeling better Helen. How many ladies are in this thread and who's going to pop first???! =)

got my mw appt in the morning, ists a home visit she's goingto listen to the heatbeat as well, although i alreadty heard it with my doppler its not very loud...
oh is still being a pig and as shifted all the blame onto me, i really cant believe after being with him 7 years he'd turn his back its a total bolt out of the blue. he's gone back to his parents, i wanted to sit down and talk bout it but it just turned into a row.
so putting the wheels in motion to get moved asap, onl thing stopping me is rosie as she's settled here.

i went and bought a few baby bits today, only litte vests and stuff soooo cute.

:hugs: Helen, a week away sounds wonderful. Hope it gives you some breathing space and you don't feel pressured into doing anything that you don't want to x

Had a bit of an argument with my OH this morning but it wasn't serious - just me being hormonal and him being a bit male. He's cooking a big curry now, it smells lovely.

I'm in desperate need of a big pillow, keep waking up and having to move because my hips are all achy.

I'll put the 24th on the first page for you Beltane. How was your trip?

:hug:
x

Helen, sorry to hear you are havingprobs with OH - maybe the reality of a child after trying for so long has startled him. I imagine that he will miss you when you when you go to your mums for a week and ask to talk xx Really hope you feel better soon hun x :hug:

I'm starting to get really worried as i have not felt any definate movement for nearly three days (bubs has been moving everyday for over a week before this....) To top it off i have had a tummy ache for two of these days - it has gone now but i'm still worrying...:hissy:

Hope everything works it's way out Helen. Rosie will be your strength right now- I just know it. Big HUGS. Elm- My trip was lovely- got to see the Bodies Exhibit and lots of other pregant ladies also! We had an oceanfront view and it was so dreamy! You need to get a pillow little miss! It's so worth it. Baby D-- Is there any way you can get a doppler on eBay? I bet it would soothe you! Love to all I might have missed!!!!

thanks ladies you are my angels:hugs::hugs:

i had midwife this morning, everyhting was great heard the heartbeat on her doppler which was soo loud lol, was 180 beats, which she said for this stage is normal, oh and i have a lob sided bump as well lol, i bet its another girl rosie will be so chuffed.
oh has gone back to his mum and dads, we need the space as he's not ready to talk, he's told his dad he wants the freedom to come and go as he pleases no questions asked :rofl: wouldnt we all like that that eh! can't be bothered with it so we'll; see if he comes round in his own time.

i've started sleeping with a pillow as well its great but i need a bigger one as i kick it out of bed, want one of those boppy things but they don't sell them in mothercare.
glad everyones doing great, roll on crimbo.
xx

I'd definitely get a doppler Baby D, I'm sure that your LO is moving in there, just not where / when you'd notice it.

If you go by the old wives tale of girls heartbeats being faster it'd put you firmly in team pink Helen. Hope your OH is really miserable without you, especially next week when you're not around. What's a boppy thing?! :hugs: xxx

Beltane, sounds like a wonderful trip, what's the Bodies exhibit? Is it that man that preserves dead people or something completely different?! I put everyones EDD, scan dates and team colour on the first page of this thread if you missed it - you've still got some blanks if you want me to fill them in x

I'm knackered, been swimming again. I've been feeling Chicken moving again I think, it's only when I'm sitting down not doing alot that I notice it.

:hug: x

Hi Everyone, sorry our internet has been playing up this week. Hope you're all ok? Helen I hope things are starting to get a little better and your time away from home is helping :hugs:
How did your midwife appointment go Jaylene?
Wehad a good listen to Pip's heartbeat at our's on Tuesday his was 158 beats a minute - is that fast? Then the midwife butrchered my arm trying to take blood for my Triple Test, my veins are rubbish they always have to take blood from my hand but they all insist on trying my arm first. Matt decided to leave the room after a few minutes of watching her scrape around my arm with a needle - much good he'll be at the birth :rofl:
Have my consultant appointment this afternoon and am really looking forward to seeng Pip again (and double checking he is a little boy!). We have a full hour with the consultant so am looking forward to getting a chance to have a good discussion abotu everything without feeling rushed - and hopefully should get some answers by the end of it! Keep your fingers crossed ladies and I'll let you know how I get on :hug:

We've just got back from our consultant appt and I am so glad we went it was definitely worth the extra money! :cloud9:
They did a normal ultrasound scan and we could see Pip's spine and ribs and heart and brain and everything so they marked off a lot of hte things they check on an anomaly scan - which will be a little less stressful now! The consultant did the scan and talked us through everything we were seeing, checking Pip's organs as we went through and confirming that we are having a little boy :happydance::happydance:Then he did an internal scan for hte cervix length, which was better this time at 2.9cm. It's still a little lower than they would like so he recommended having cervical scans every two weeks for hte next 6 weeks or so just to make sure that things don't deteriorate. But things are looking much better!
He also talked through other things we could do to reduce the chance of preterm labour and gave me a special home testing kit to check the PH levels inside the vagina as these can help check for any infections that can also lead to pre-term labour.
It's cost us £260 and will probably cost a little bit more over the coming weeks, but we spent an hour with the consultant who went over everything in such detail and made us feel like human beings - it made such a difference and i'm so much happier now. Thanks for all your support on this it's really helped :hug:

:happydance: that's fantastic news LuluBee xxx So glad that you've got all the info and help you need even if it's private (stupid NHS woman). Chickens heartbeat is 156-160 beats per minute and it's normal (supposed to indicate you're having a girl according to some old wives tale!!!!)
xxx

Thanks honey, I feel so much better now and more confident that even if we have to have more private treatment we can make sure that Pip goes to term (or as close to it as possible!)

Pip must be the exception with the heartbeat thing, he's definintely a boy :blue:They gave us a DVD of the scan and I've just been playing it to my parents. He is so cute. They did measurements of his head, thigh bone etc. I can't believe his belly has a circumference of 10.5cm already - he's a right little tubster! :hug:

hello girls, well i've a good long talk with oh, i knew there was something up, in 7 yrs being together i'd never seen him act soooo irratic and weird, let alone be anyway violent. he's wel he was feeling alot of pressure with the baby, it took us so long to concieve he didnt believe it was going to happen, now he's worried about the financial stuff and responsbilty stuff, and the fact his social life is going to change, and the pressure of finishing the house, as we bought it very rundown and have knocked walls down and built wall you name it we've done it, but the kitchen, hall, and baby room needs doing. anyway he was genuninely ashamed of himself for kicking off like that. so we'll see what happens, i spoke to the midwife and she said this happens to men more often than we think, i feel sorry for him iys not him at all. just glad we've sat down and talked it throug, stll going to see my mum next week and my best friend who has a baby end of august.
anyway as well while i'm rambling lol, i think i must be having a girl cos the heartbeat was 180, midwife said thats normal for 6 weeks but i've not seen anyone elses that fast.

elm boppy thing is a preg pillow that they sell in the states i can't remember who i heard write a thread about it, but i googles them and they look fabtastic
xxx

Lulubee, that really is wonderful news to hear x

Helen, so glad you and oh seem to be moving forward - reckon he just got a bit spooked and everything will be fine x

I have relaxed a little now as am feeling little one move again - not as often as id like though. When will we begin to feel regular movement everyday?

Helen, I'm so glad you've managed to have a good talk with you OH. Hope it makes your week away loads better x

LuluBee - think the old wives thing isn't very acurate at all - theres been loads of people on here who've disproved it including you! And mine's the same as yours and I've had 'boy' as my nub prediction! 10.5 cm sounds big - hope mines that big too (but isn't too big when he's due out!!!).

Haven't really felt Chicken move today, am going to get my doppler out soon and check he's alright in there xxx

eta. off to look at boppy pillows!!! x

Thanks for posting our EDD's and info Elm- what a doll! Not getting a 20 week scan but a 16 week scan instead. The date is August 27th and will be finding out the gender- wheee!! Yes- the Bodies Exhibit is preserved human bodies- it was amazing!

Helen -you okay?

They had that exhibit over here in Manchester I think - it looks fascinating but think I'd be a bit creeped out by a room full of them...! Any gender predictions Beltane?

x

Hmmm- I keep having baby girl dreams which leads me to believe I'm having a boy! They always say you have the opposite of what you dream. This 2ww is worse than the original 2ww I think! lol.

just broke up from work for the week yayyy so need a break...

who here is going to find out the gender, i was yellow all the way but my oh and rosie are really wanting to find out either way, half of me really want to know the other half wants to wait...
hmmmm dilema i've got a sneaky feeling it'll be a girl as i'm being sick now and again like i did with rosie had no early symptoms either sickness wise
xx

Helen - such good news about you and OH. It take a while but those men sure seem to come around if it is important. Glad you are off work. Take it easy and have some fun with LO. I am on the fence again about finding out the gender. Still staying ture to tema yellow but finding it harder and harder as people keep finding out what they are having.

Lulu - I am so ahppy that everything worked out at your appt. It is so good that you feel so good about carrying LO close to term if not right on time. I am thinking of you!!

Hope all the rest of you are doing well. I think it is a GIRL BELTANE!!!! LOL. I think you are dreaming of girls because you are having a girl, but I could be wrong.

No predictions on my side yet. Am anxiously awaiting the 20 week scan on the 11th of September.

What are all of you doing to keep active?

Listened to LO HB on the doppler last night and it was the strongest it has every been. It was amazing I almost shed a tear because it was just so clear. I am so happy that I got one as I know I have it if I ever have any doubts.

Well I should go.
Love you all so much!
xxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox

oh wow jaylene we have our 20 week scan on the same day mine is at 3pm dunno what time it will be your end of the world, i'm thin king i am going to find out lol may change my mind but i just don't think once i get in the scan room i could resist ot knowing lol.
plus the clothes are so cute i don't want to just put him/her in yellow green or white my mum is the most amazing nitter so i'll have lots of pretty cardigans or aran type cardigans as it'll be winter baby.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->