Dukan Diet

T

Twinkle_Toes

Hi all been doing a bit of research about this diet and to be honest all ive seen is good reviews on it a few bad but good over shadows them i was just wondering if anyone has tried it yet? Im buying the book soon so some "real" people perspective would be fab.x

Why does no one answer people who ask this, I JUST answered someone elses question about this SAME thing heres what I said
Dukan Diet...
Well I have not done that but I HAVE done the atkins diet which WAS a huge success
I went from 200 to 126 in about a year. Problem is i went crazy when i went off the diet had a carb fest and gained it all back (not right away but withing a few years)
The problem with diets like this is that they are not diet but lifestyle choices you must commit because if you go off you WILL gain it back.
I have read about the Dukan Diet and i find that it is more strict with food then atkins (they have the same low carb concept) which when you restrict more yo are LESS likely to succeed

Anyway if you just want to lose the weight i dont suggest the Dukan diet or the atkins diet they will help you lose and you will lose FAST but you must stick to it as a lifestyle
good luck

One of my friends is doing the dukan diet and, although she's losing weight, she isn't enjoying it. I don't know if she's doing it properly, but all she seems to eat is plain chicken, plain fish and eggs.
Personally, I don't think you can maintain that as a lifestyle. I don't eat many carbs, but my diet is a lot more varied than my friend's. I'm sure she said she's not allowed fruit and veg on it too.
xx

One of my friends is doing the dukan diet and, although she's losing weight, she isn't enjoying it. I don't know if she's doing it properly, but all she seems to eat is plain chicken, plain fish and eggs.
Personally, I don't think you can maintain that as a lifestyle. I don't eat many carbs, but my diet is a lot more varied than my friend's. I'm sure she said she's not allowed fruit and veg on it too.
xx

Thats the thing about the Dukan diet, at stage one you can have only protein while on Atkins you can have non starch veggies (lettuce, onions, celery, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and much more), cheese, all protein, and fats such as butter and oil. Atkins and Dukan diet are similar but atkins lets you have more

I didnt find it much of a problem to be honest only reason i gave up the diet where because of financial problems but i did enjoy it...yes i missed veg and fruit but i knew you could eventually introduce it all back into your diet....it doesnt have to be plan stuff either there are plenty of herbs to add flavour which i must admit where a god send 0% cottage cheese i found out that the american book to the english book has a few different things in it where it says you can have cheese but only less then 5% fat she can have 0% yogurts to there is alot you can have its just mean of researching, i just asked on here to see if "real" people had tried it instead of just reading the captions saying how great it is lol

I know someone who has done it and lost a load of weight but its just too stict. I looked into trying it but I couldn't put myself through it - During my research into the Dukan Diet I found a review of someone who had eaten a doughnut and gained 4lb ! Thats the problem with these types of crazy diets, I would suggest a sensible balanced diet and exercise instead.

I did it a few months ago and at 1st i lost 2lbs every day but then when i staerd to add veg after 6 days i put some back on with the water in the veg. It is a good diet if you can stick to it but it is soooo boring. you can get more info about it here
https://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/

Hiya

I'm currently into my second week of the Dukan diet and have just reintroduced veggies. I'm doing the 1/1 pattern so having veggies and protein one day and then just protein the next.

I lost 8lbs in my first week and I'm really pleased. I bought the book and the recipe book off Amazon and I read the book thoroughly before I started. It does explain that when you reintroduce veggies you will gain a couple of lbs but as time carries on, you will lose it again and your weight will go up after veggies but drop even more the next time you weigh.

The thing with the Dukan is that it isn't a quick fix, it's a lifestyle change and although I have found it difficult not eating the things I really crave (i.e. pizza!!) I know I'll love the end result. I haven't found the diet very expensive at all. I would definitely recommend getting the recipe book, it has been a God send to me (especially the chicken curry and beef kebabs!) xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->