dumb question-need simple answr :)

mummymarsh

NTNP with earth baby #2
Reaction score
hiya,

can some1 tell me exactly what the OPKs are and how they work??? i know wha it stands for but still confuuuuuesed:wacko::wacko:

thank you :thumbup:

xxx:flower:

when the line is as dark or darker than the control line thats a pos .... means u ovulated 12-36hrs after xxxxxx

so do you wee on them like a pregnancy test?? and how do you know whn to use ne?? do you kind of just guess???

xxx

yes, you use urine for them- its best to test 2-3 times a day so that you do not miss the surge. If you're only going to test once a day- it's best to do it with afternoon urine instead~ around 2pm! I would say if you've never used them- start around cd9 or cd10 and continue until you get a + :hugs:

I used these for a while when trying for Evelyn and I worked out that they stressed me out too much so I invested in a Clearblue fertility Monitor instead and I totally love it. I got pregnant on 3rd cycle using it.

I found that OPK's were more expensive than monthly cost of CBFM if you need to test 2 or 3 times a day and I thought the cheap ones online weren't very good.

I know other people who swear by OPK's though so try them and see how you get on xx

with lilly and charlie i ind of dint monitoranythng just came off my BC and i happened in its own way, im thinking of ryinh it that way again when im ready, but want to kow about other opptions to make it easier if takes longer..

xxx

Can't add anything different to what the ladies have said, but OPKs are temperamental ! Some cycles they work for me, some not I never had a positive the cycle we concieved DD ! And that was using clearblue!

I did cave in and buy some after MC as I wanted to see what body was doing - and with boots (uk) own brand - I did get a positive

Personally, I'm going to invest in CBFM if no BFP this cycle It's more sensitive than Opk and you don't have to interpret lines - the clever machine does it for you ! It measures the LH like an Opk but as estrogen levels POAS on a morning and you get your reading - close to OV you'll get high, then a peak and that's the time to DTD

I spend far to much time obsessing and I'm hoping poas on a morning Will cure my obsession !!

:dust:
Jo
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g