Dumb things they do on soaps

D

Donna35

What dumb things that they do on soaps get on your wick??

for me it's when an actress is pregnant and they (unsuccessfully) try to hide it - case in point is Samia Ghadie (Maria on Corrie) who if she holds that damn cushion in front of her one more time will have to marry it instead of Tony:haha: It's dumb cos then she puts it down stands up and oops there it is a bump lol

Having said this I still love the soaps all of them lol

Oh where do I start? :rofl:

Eastenders - Why is it that when there's a fight in the Vic everyone goes silent and the juke box stops?:shrug:

When they are in need of new characters and an 8 year old girl is replaced by someone about 5 years older and completely different looking but no one seems to notice hahaha

haha i dont watch any soaps because of all the above!!

i hate the way they are all skint yet they are always in the pub or they all work in the street/square/village its set in :wacko:

haha yeah i love waterloo road!! but yeah god that was stupid.

also in soaps whenever they have an asian family, each family member seems to be from a totally dif country! (as in the actor not the character lol).

When they take a sip of coffee/tea, and then tip the mug so you can see there's nothing in it!!

When they have children, yet you never see them with them

out on their own everyday, in the pub at night... yeh right...

I only watch Neighbours and recently have been irritated by Lucas becoming a gamblig addict in the course of three episodes. They did it with Stingray too becoming a drunk after two beer! So annoying!

the thing that annoys me is......everyone seems to be able to get a job on there door step.....yeaaah right ammmm sureee!!!

Lol love this thread its funny..
The pregnancy thing makes me laugh, they always fail to hide the bumps lol.
And the replacing child characters with actors/actresses with someone completely different lol .

pregnancies that last a very short time- they find out they are pregnant and not long after they have baby lol. I have noticed on home and away that 1. most are from a broken home- no 2 parents- 1 if they are lucky, 2. no1 has any pets! I have seen a dog on there 1ce but where are the kittys?? 3. No1 smokes cigarettes- ever! Although drugs and alcohol have been used. They don't have a supermarket and they rush to the hospital for just a consultation coz they don't have a g.p. lol! Funny this thread came up as me and me friend were talking about this last night! :p

it makes me laugh how in all soaps when they get engaged they always get married within 3 months !! ha ha they have no job but can afford to pay 4 a wedding straight away!! an the venue is always available

gem xx

How they are able to just randomly up sticks and leave (eg Dawn and Gary leaving on a boat in Eastenders) with no more than the clothes on their backs - no worries about jobs, rent, mortgage, packing etc lol!

Being able to magically find a room to rent off any neighbour as they always have a spare room - same applies with jobs lol

This isn't really the same thing, but why do they pretend Hollyoaks is in Chester when it's all filmed in Liverpool? :dohh:

p2. no1 has any pets! I have seen a dog on there 1ce but where are the kittys?? 3. No1 smokes cigarettes- ever! Although drugs and alcohol have been used.

i think the kitties are too hard to work with on set,
if they don't want to jump on somebody's lap, they won't
and they probably keep licking their private parts whenever the camera is on :rofl:

as for cigarettes, they're not allowed to do that anymore...
i was still in high school when there was a law that forbid ads for cigarettes
and forbid their appearances in soaps, as a day-to-day habit, you do see
the trying teenager but he gets talked out of it etc etc, or only the evil
character could smoke, i forgot the specifics and maybe that's just in our country though

When in eastenders no one seems to have a kitchen to cook in so they all go the cafe,can always afford a drink in the pub, no washing machines so they all go laundrette hahah! I thought of something else before and now ive forgotten it!! :-(

OOOOOO i remembered, when they will go into a pub or where ever and order a drink the drink comes and then like just out of the blue they will go "come on lets go" and leave the drink/meal/whatever without touching it or they have just taken a sip of it!! It really bugs me!! Or is it me been a skin flint i would be like "Nooooooooo, im finishing me pint first!"

Dot still smokes though, and we occasionally see Max Branning smoking too. But noone else lol.

-When the "newborn babies" are clearly at least 3 months old, even the supposedly premature ones. They come out perfectly clean and fast asleep, usually after a 5 minute labour
-When the babies are dolls
-When someone with a toddler hears them crying from upstairs, only it's the scream of an infant
-When they never call the police. If they're being blackmailed/harassed/abused, they always come up with some terrible plan all on their own and never even consider phoning the authorities

The instantly getting jobs/flats on their doorsteps one really bugs me! Eastenders is supposed to be in London! And as for Hollyoaks, how many times was Ste sacked and then hired again by Tony!? Argh!

(eg Dawn and Gary leaving on a boat in Eastenders)

That was the most ridiculous episode ever! Closely followed by Heathers labour, and that time Tanya burried Max alive:dohh: (and they never mention it now, ever!)

This isn't really the same thing, but why do they pretend Hollyoaks is in Chester when it's all filmed in Liverpool? :dohh:

And even so they still all have south east accents. (I've not watched it since the first series though so maybe it's changed!)

the thing that annoys me is......everyone seems to be able to get a job on there door step.....yeaaah right ammmm sureee!!!
But that's why they all work in shops and garages and no-one is a scientist or librarian or something else that isn't done on doorsteps! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->