• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dummies!!!!

Smirn

Reaction score
Can I give my 2 day old a dummy ? It's the only way he will stop winging ! But I'm worried he is to young and he can come to harm please advise xx

I think it will be fine if you do, in the US they give you pacifiers in the hospital. I have seen premies given them to develop their sucking reflex, don't feel like a bad parent because you give him one, it won't permanently damage him.

Yes I will be if I need to! My friend bought me some mam dummies that are aged 0-2months :)

I don't think your baby can come to harm through use of a dummy - in fact, some studies say they are good for reducing risk of cot death.
I didn't use one with DD but certainly have nothing against them, just personal choice for us - DD preferred the boob!

It is entirely your choice what you give to your baby, one thing that you might want to consider is that dummies use a different sucking reflex to breastfeeding, so the use of dummies can make breastfeeding more difficult. I am a trainee midwife and this is the reason we advise against dummies in the early days in the UK, however if you are planning on bottle feeding it doesn't have this effect.

I did. Didn't stop my daughter from BF (if you intend to). In fact, when she reached 8 months she threw out dummy out of her crib and since then I never gave it back to her. She clearly preferred my boob and when my mom tried to give her bottle at 9 months as she was babysitting, DD refused bottle all together haha. It was boob or sippy cup :)

Both boys have from birth and both breastfed

Both my boys had one from birth and they were both breast fed :) no issues with nipple confusion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->